• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralbelt

Thats a good idea WM. I'll start putting a few cans aside for Food Bank. Even if no designated food bank there is always a church or civic organization that donations can be dropped off at.

phil2968

Has anyone come up with a good way to identify ourselves? I really would like to meet some members I missed last year and meet some of the new ones this year. Maybe we will just have to introduece ourselves to everyone walking!
I think the ones we miss stop by for the day while we're out on the trails.

sandcobra164

I'm pretty sure everyone remember's you Tigger. You had just went through a terrible crash to avoid hitting a school bus full of kids and destroyed the commercial rig your were driving. Not that I'd have done anything different, it's certainly a story that will always stay in your mind and heart. Tell your daughter to come along. I may need some help Friday night when my wonderful Lee and my two 3 and 5 year old boys come up. She looks like she can help keep up with some kids and my oldest "Joey" is quite a flirt with blondes even though he's a red head.:D

sandcobra164

Well, that stinks, at least Phil is coming, his wife is used to handling boys around the age of mine, she might just help Lee out. I doubt there are enough younger member's on here to start a GA Rally Daycare. I'm working on setting up a TV in my tent for Friday night when Lee and the boys get here, take them on the convoy to the VFW on Saturday for lunch and send them back to Leesburg afterward.

Sirblissfull

I will be bringing 5 kids and a baby sitter.

Ages 14, 4x2, 2 and 1.

Rented a cabin that sleeps 6 to stow them in. Might be able to herd them all together for a bit.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, make them a standard size and I can bring my lanyards from all the trade shows I attend and just wear around my neck.

So long as I'm not drinking any of Zout's pink bug juice and fall over and catch the lanyard on a chair or truck bumper and choke myself I'll be fine.

Being the biggest guy there helps to identify me as well.

;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help the size issue, but they are standard type ID labels. Last year I had some extra time and personalized a bunch of them. This year the best I can do it get SSGR11 or the like and them bring a bunch of sharpies. Also going to see if I can scare up some sticky dots to put on the trucks and trailers that were counted to help keep the vehicle count accurate. I'm also going to get another guest register or maybe just a book for folks to sign in with.

As far as ID, I'll be the guy wearing an MV tee shirt.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Kinda looks like Gimp don't it!
Is that his cousin/date with him?

We also need some CONVOY signs.....I have one that says CONVOY AHEAD for the rear vehicle......does anyone have a CONVOY FOLLOWS for the lead truck.

Some mounted or stick on "WHOPPIE LIGHTS" would look good also.

What about some banners that say "STEEL SOLDIERS" to hang on one or two trucks.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help the size issue, but they are standard type ID labels. Last year I had some extra time and personalized a bunch of them. This year the best I can do it get SSGR11 or the like and them bring a bunch of sharpies. Also going to see if I can scare up some sticky dots to put on the trucks and trailers that were counted to help keep the vehicle count accurate. I'm also going to get another guest register or maybe just a book for folks to sign in with.

As far as ID, I'll be the guy wearing an MV tee shirt.

Call GL and see if you can get some of their sticky bags to put on the trucks. That way they won't come off. I guess you can use them on people to.

:)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Todays forcast high in Union Point is 88°. We have to get this down at least 15° in 29 days. Anything higher than the low 70s is unacceptable. The low tonight is forcast at 65°. This needs to drop a little bit as well. Clinto, can you see what can be done to remedy this?

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ain't gonna stick one of them bags on MY paint job!! :-x

A colored dot on the glass or headlight/tail light is OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks