• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Todays forcast high in Union Point is 88°. We have to get this down at least 15° in 29 days. Anything higher than the low 70s is unacceptable. The low tonight is forcast at 65°. This needs to drop a little bit as well. Clinto, can you see what can be done to remedy this?
Well, I guess I can bring a parka w/liner.:shock:

Guess I better check out the cold-start systems on the trucks too.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Todays forcast high in Union Point is 88°. We have to get this down at least 15° in 29 days. Anything higher than the low 70s is unacceptable. The low tonight is forcast at 65°. This needs to drop a little bit as well. Clinto, can you see what can be done to remedy this?
When we talked to Mike Saturday, he said we needed to move the rally up a week or back a week in order to avoid the opening weekend of deer season. Next year may be a week back because every week you move it up risks you being in higher temps.

Every year it gets hotter and stays hot longer. In 5 years, we'll be doing this in February.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
When we talked to Mike Saturday, he said we needed to move the rally up a week or back a week in order to avoid the opening weekend of deer season. Next year may be a week back because every week you move it up risks you being in higher temps.

Every year it gets hotter and stays hot longer. In 5 years, we'll be doing this in February.
AS long as we get advance notice, i have to turn in my vac. time by March!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM,

I have a set of the convoy signs from the MVPA, has both the 'Ahead" and the 'Follows' signs. Just have to remember to bring them.

Kenny,

I have some of those LED lights too (thanks for the link). On a fresh set of batteries I've had them on blink for over 32 hours so far - still going strong!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, just got the last 3 at Lowes the other day. They were blowing them out for $4.99, I got all they had. Checked another Lowes, they had none.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also talked with the meat department at Publix, so they could sharpen up their pencils for the Saturday steak dinner fixins. We bought about 40 packs of steaks last year and I thought it would be nice to give them a heads up - so they don't run out - for this year!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I have led stobes on the jeep to install. front and back pluss the magnet mount for the top of the roll bar. Will have to post picks once i get them installed!

sandcobra164

Mike,
I can get the steaks at the commisary here at the Marine Base in Albany for likely less money. If you're interested, shoot me a message. They just need a few days heads up on quantity. I've gotten an entire ribeye cut up in the recent past for $70 and it made quite a few steaks. I hate buying meat out in town, it's pricy once you're spoiled on commisary pricing.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also talked with the meat department at Publix, so they could sharpen up their pencils for the Saturday steak dinner fixins. We bought about 40 packs of steaks last year and I thought it would be nice to give them a heads up - so they don't run out - for this year!
How many steaks do you think your MKT will kick out this year..?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We did about 78 steaks last year. Hoping to go over 100 this year. Not everybody eats at the MKT. Those with their own cabins often cook there, while others bring coolers and make their own sandwiches, open cans, etc. and some eat at the restaurant at Durhamtown. I think a few are squeamish about what WM might put in the food, but that's why we have Ms. Pam (timntrucks wife) and BamaLady supervising him, and with GIP there this year, he won't get away with nuthin!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
We did about 78 steaks last year. Hoping to go over 100 this year. Not everybody eats at the MKT. Those with their own cabins often cook there, while others bring coolers and make their own sandwiches, open cans, etc. and some eat at the restaurant at Durhamtown. I think a few are squeamish about what WM might put in the food, but that's why we have Ms. Pam (timntrucks wife) and BamaLady supervising him, and with GIP there this year, he won't get away with nuthin!
But im sure he will try anyway!:twisted:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
See...that's the problem right there.:shock: All the CAMO members have known WM for years.:oops::oops:

I trust you Mike, and BL and Ms.Pam...don't know GIP yet.
Maybe if I see WM handcuffed outside the MKT it would be safe for me to come thru??:beer:

sandcobra164

Richard does fine on the MKT. He wouldn't feed us Possum, he keeps that for himself since they don't yield a great deal of meat and he doesn't love us enough to share.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay Mr. Richard Like I said before my wife is from New Orleans and she knows how to cook up a mean RAT so and don't tell her I offered her services but if you need any help she will be glad to help she loves to cook and I believe you her together could probably cook up a mean GUMBO with POSSUM and RAT who could resist!

Plus for 8 years she was with the Army Reserves with administrative duties but she was also a cook so she knows how to shovel out a bunch of Sh.t and make it taste good......lol Just kidding about the sh.t part.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, Name tags! Last year I was able to print out a bunch of temp name labels with the Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally printed on them. I was even able to persoonalize them for all the folks I could remember. I just purchased the same printer that I used last year so my plans are to bring my laptop and the thermal printer so we can print out name labels as we go. I think this combined with the little headlight dots for vehicle counting will make things a little bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.