• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, my trip is only 675 miles and I'm cheating this year anyways, driving the M1008. This will be the first time driving the Oh-8 out of town. Usually I tow it or somebody else drives it. If I can secure affordably Wrangler M/Ts, I'll lift it before departure.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How are the trailer rides going to be announced this year ? just curious as I sit here in anticipation.

I do not believe I have seen the "LZ GROUNDS" layout posted last year as an aerial view (scuz me if I missed it) but that was a great pic last year. Might help new folks get aquainted as well to the area.
The trail rides question is one for Squirt Truck, as he & Dumpster run those operations. I believe there will be a rough schedule and this year we will have a P.A. system so we will be announcing trailrides 15-30 minutes before departure.

I had not put up the map yet. Thanks for reminding me. I have edited post #1 in this thread and updated it with these images.

The field will be better marked this year as well.

Attachments

unaffiliated

I will be driving up Thursday or Friday from the Canton, GA area. Anyone else coming around that time from the area?
I will be headed to the Rally on Friday morning from Coosa, GA (near Rome). I will probably have another SS member from Huntsville, AL following me. I am meeting my niece and hopefully another SS member in Marietta. You are welcome to convoy with us. That would be way cool. My niece lives in Canton near Bridge Mill (I think). Maybe I could talk her into leaving her truck at your house and riding with you to Marietta. PM me as time gets closer and we will set a plan into motion.

GamaGoatGirl

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Georgia Rally! Don't forget the boiled peanuts PopPop! Mike, I will bring my apron so I can help in the MKT!

Can't wait!![thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be driving up Thursday or Friday from the Canton, GA area. Anyone else coming around that time from the area?
I''m leaving Hiawassee Thursday morning, joining someone in Demorest and another truck near Athens. You are welcome to join us, but you are probably too far away.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Georgia Rally! Don't forget the boiled peanuts PopPop! Mike, I will bring my apron so I can help in the MKT!

Can't wait!![thumbzup]
Y'all driving the Oh-8A1? Forcast for the next 10 days is mid to high 70's with an 80 or two thrown in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I eat there most meals. When I skip meals it's usually breakfast since my cabin is 50' from the Durhamtown Chow Hall. You will not be dissapointed in the eats provided my Mike, Richard and their long list of selfless volunteers. I can gain 3# after the chilimac is served.

Is Oddball delivering your shopvan to you at the rally? Funny story, last year I drove my deuce up as I usually do. Came with 3 trailers, went home with one and not one of the ones I brought up. This year I'm coming with zero and going home with 1 maybe 2.

zout

Island - you have no worries about going hungry off the MKT from Mike - WM and all the volunteers - those folks are the BEST and their food surpasses even them.

actually - the food is better than how modest WM is rofl

You can bring chow or go 30 miles to eat elsewhere - but the cost is inexpensive for what you get. And knowing Yankess's its better than your chow up there. And then when you find a place to sit and eat - its like sittin in a Waffle House - all kinds of folks to talk to.

And if you cannot afford chow - you come and see Deb and I.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, as I read this thread and remember back to all of the rallies that I've been blessed to be able to attend, I realize how good I have it. I'm not wealthy at all but steady employment has keep food on the table without worry. I've been able to attend every GA Rally since Unicoi and every single FL rally. At this point I'm wondering if there are any members reading this just wishing and looking for a way to go to the rally but have fallen on hard times and just can't make it? I'd like to be able to bless someone else and see if I can help them come out and enjoy the fun and fellowship. Even if for only a day, maybe someone can attend and get away from the crushing issues of life for that short period. Does anyone know a member that might not be able to otherwise come and would take a hand up? I'm looking to give back at least a little if I can. Hope this doesn't irritate anyone.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.