• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amy,
Look forward to seeing you - I want to get a group picture of the MKT workers this year, in our aprons!

Kenny,
Thanks for the sentiment, I share it! And, as a reminder, those who work in the MKT get the meal they help with for free, which helps to bring down the price of participation!

poppop

Kenny, I see no reason for this to irritate anyone and if it does then maybe they need to move on. I for one think it demonstrates what I have known since we first met, that you are a fine person who will help anybody, anytime, anywhere with no questions asked. I am proud to consider you a friend.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I want add to what Mike and Kenny said.

We try to provide decent meals with the military flavor thrown in (Chili-mac and SOS are standard Army fare).

And yes.....KP's do eat on the cuff. We are glad to have volunteers to wipe, wash and clean.

This year we have the promise of a big tent to be used as a dining facility. This is so folks can fellowship together and not have to balance a tray of food on their lap.

This year Brother Zout has volunteered to do a "Pig Jig" on Friday night......if you can't get full on one of our meals you are toteing a hollow leg.

We do need extra foldng tables and chairs if anyone has any and we need a big tarp (or cargo cover) to use as a ground cover in the mess tent.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want add to what Mike and Kenny said.

We try to provide decent meals with the military flavor thrown in (Chili-mac and SOS are standard Army fare).

And yes.....KP's do eat on the cuff. We are glad to have volunteers to wipe, wash and clean.

This year we have the promise of a big tent to be used as a dining facility. This is so folks can fellowship together and not have to balance a tray of food on their lap.

This year Brother Zout has volunteered to do a "Pig Jig" on Friday night......if you can't get full on one of our meals you are toteing a hollow leg.

We do need extra foldng tables and chairs if anyone has any and we need a big tarp (or cargo cover) to use as a ground cover in the mess tent.
This in a huge way. You can follow suit if you like but I'm going to Walmart, purchase 2 of the lesser expensive folding tables for the rally. I will set one up as my AO and the second one will be donated to the rally. Don't forget your chairs folks (or cooler/bucket Gimpy). Has anyone heard from Walter (green_gator)? Wonder if he is coming up?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I eat there most meals. When I skip meals it's usually breakfast since my cabin is 50' from the Durhamtown Chow Hall. You will not be disappointed in the eats provided my Mike, Richard and their long list of selfless volunteers. I can gain 3# after the chili mac is served.

Is Oddball delivering your shop van to you at the rally? Funny story, last year I drove my deuce up as I usually do. Came with 3 trailers, went home with one and not one of the ones I brought up. This year I'm coming with zero and going home with 1 maybe 2.
NOPE, Jennifer or Mike are flying down with me to Datona, Chris " oddball is picking us up at the airport, then off to the tag office for a temp paper plate on Tuesday, then we are going to convoy up to GA on the way home to Michigan.

We will be towing the Deuce box trailer Chris made with an Argo in the back 45-50 mpg crawl straight up I-75. I figured 2 days ride. This will be a fun ride for me. My first "recovery"with no tow bar and tools. And my 1St Southern Rally, I hear you southern boys know how to party,on the trails.:driver:

zout

Island - I am a transplanted Yankee to WM dislike - but God decided to make be born up there instead of here - my heart is with these folks and I hate to say it but he got it wrong that time. The second I came here it was OUTSTANDING and party - you have no clue - but hand on there grasshopper we are about to initiate you. Hope you like cherries roflbut get em before Gimp does.

That is a long ride - you folks take care and Duramtown is going nowhere and it is not a moving object where you have to force yourself to save time to get here - we will be there when you get there. You may be in a coma still a couple day afterwards but I am not to blame nor will I be held responsible for any actions outside my control.

WM will have some possum sandwich's for your ride back I am sure.

phil2968

NOPE, Jennifer or Mike are flying down with me to Datona, Chris " oddball is picking us up at the airport, then off to the tag office for a temp paper plate on Tuesday, then we are going to convoy up to GA on the way home to Michigan.

We will be towing the Deuce box trailer Chris made with an Argo in the back 45-50 mpg crawl straight up I-75. I figured 2 days ride. This will be a fun ride for me. My first "recovery"with no tow bar and tools. And my 1St Southern Rally, I hear you southern boys know how to party,on the trails.:driver:
I did not understand when Oddball told me to add you to the convoy list. I did not know you where coming down! Glad to have you join our convoy. I will add you to the list.

Capt.Marion

Up until now I hadn't posted anything about coming in hopes that I wouldn't jinx myself... and that didn't work. Class schedule and other academic paraphernalia prevent me from attending this year [again].

I'm getting bored of making excuses, so, as I have said multiple years in a row now, we'll see what happens next year.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Phil2986, I am trying to convince AC/Cages to come convoy in the hummer and have his wife drive. See what you can do to bug him as well. I am looking forward to this,Thanks..

Is anyone bringing some Solargisers, I am looking for 4 of them......?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We will be towing the Deuce box trailer Chris made with an Argo in the back 45-50 mpg crawl straight up I-75. I figured 2 days ride. This will be a fun ride for me.
Island.......when yo get to Macon, GA take I-16 east and hit Hwy 129 north to Eatonton...then hit Hwy 44 north....it will take you to Greensboro....cuts off a lot of miles......it's two lane but not as unnerving as having Peterbuilts blowing by you at 80 MPH on the interstate.

phil2968

I think he means when they leave the rally Wreckerman. He's goin back to Michigan.
He is joining the Florida convoy for the trip up.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First Zout now Wreckerman, twice in one day! It ain't growin' back so go ahead and make fun of the amputee.:wink:
I guess your not pokin' fun at Gimpy so I took two for ya little buddy!

You know I'm playin' right?rofl
So Phil, can we call your AO "Gimpy Hollows"?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got the Durhamtown newsletter in the inbox. Nice little paragraph about our forthcoming rally. We are getting really close folks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get it via email. Here is the related content.

STEEL SOLDERS MILITARY RALLY OCTOBER 20th – 23rd
You want to see some really cool trucks? Come on out on Oct. 21st
-23rd and see over 100 World War ll, Korean War, and Vietnam War
vehicles out playing on the Jeep trails and hosting the largest swap
meet on the east coast. These guys will be playing like kids with
their big toys. The convoy of 100 vehicles will travel to
Washington,
GA to the VFW to host a free lunch to the Veterans and then convoy
back to DP.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get it via email. Here is the related content.

STEEL SOLDERS MILITARY RALLY OCTOBER 20th – 23rd
You want to see some really cool trucks? Come on out on Oct. 21st
-23rd and see over 100 World War ll, Korean War, and Vietnam War
vehicles out playing on the Jeep trails and hosting the largest swap
meet on the east coast. These guys will be playing like kids with
their big toys. The convoy of 100 vehicles will travel to
Washington,
GA to the VFW to host a free lunch to the Veterans and then convoy
back to DP.

zout

Someone posted about needing a tarp somewhere back - do ya still need a good clean one for the floor of the MKT hooch. I think the one I have is 20'x12'

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks