• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Someone posted about needing a tarp somewhere back - do ya still need a good clean one for the floor of the MKT hooch. I think the one I have is 20'x12'
We would like to have a cover on the ground in the Mess Tent to keep the creepy crawlers at bay.

I'm not sure how big the tent is that is being lent to us but if it is the same size as a GP Medium two deuce cargo covers (or equivalent) will work. Another benefit of the tarp that it makes the tables more stable and can be swept off to remove spilled food or beverages.

On that note....since we have a tent does anybody have a military light set with cords and sockets? Alternatives would be drop lights like you use in a shop. It would be nice to have lights in the tent at night.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We would like to have a cover on the ground in the Mess Tent to keep the creepy crawlers at bay.

I'm not sure how big the tent is that is being lent to us but if it is the same size as a GP Medium two deuce cargo covers (or equivalent) will work. Another benefit of the tarp that it makes the tables more stable and can be swept off to remove spilled food or beverages.

On that note....since we have a tent does anybody have a military light set with cords and sockets? Alternatives would be drop lights like you use in a shop. It would be nice to have lights in the tent at night.

The Expandable tent we are lending for the MKT dinning area is a 16x16 if their is room and we have another one available we might can put two of these together and make it a 16x32.

I have yellow cords that have plugs every 3 or 4 foot these can be good to use to plug lights into.

Jimma

I think this year will be really awesome. If any of you guys are still on the fence about going to the GA rally you wont be disapointed its great fun, fellowship and more. Its worth the drive and the effort, so lets see if we can pack that place out this year.

zout

Well - I will bring the Tarp that I have or a couple and if you do not like them I handle rejection very well - but do not let them find their way back to my LZ.

You may need one to lay PB in to slide him back to his campgound behind his golfkart. Kinda like chit on a shingle - they glide nice toting stuff.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Convoy From North Georgia

We are putting the finishing touches on the convoy from North Georgia. I will be leaving Hiawassee, GA on Thursday mornhing at 0730 for the rally in my M35A3, pulling my M149A2. We will join up at the Ingles in downtown Hiawassee. We will then pick up another A3 in Demorest at 0900. Gunnermac will join the convoy in his A3 in Danielsville at noon. Anyone wanting to join the convoy, please PM me. All are welcome. I plan to stay through Sunday morning.
:beer:

poppop

Firewood loaded, some dry oak for the piggy also. M813 camper cleaned out, water jugs cleaned and filled, air mattress checked out, new sleeping bag here. Will start prepping the trucks for the trip. HERE WE GO!!!!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Southwest GA/LA Convoy is nailed down.

Timntrucks, Ms Pam (LA), Sandcobra and Atomic from South GA, and 73M819 from NGA will rally at the CAMO compound at 11:00hrs 19 Oct.

We will do lunch...then roll out with the cranetruck and Guntruck support along with some other stuff.., like a nearly new CUCV, a super nice M43, some deuces, jeeps and some "get around" vehicles:beer:
MB will be coming so I plan on a couple of...er..."pit stops".:shock:

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Southwest GA/LA Convoy is nailed down.

Timntrucks, Ms Pam (LA), Sandcobra and Atomic from South GA, and 73M819 from NGA will rally at the CAMO compound at 11:00hrs 19 Oct.

We will do lunch...then roll out with Cranetruck and Guntruck support along with some other stuff.., like a nearly new CUCV, a super nice M43, some deuces, jeeps and some "get around" vehicles:beer:
MB will be coming so I plan on a couple of...er..."pit stops".:shock:
WE GOT A CONVOY :beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are putting the finishing touches on the convoy from North Georgia. I will be leaving Hiawassee, GA on Thursday mornhing at 0730 for the rally in my M35A3, pulling my M149A2. We will join up at the Ingles in downtown Hiawassee. We will then pick up another A3 in Demorest at 0900. Gunnermac will join the convoy in his A3 in Danielsville at noon. Anyone wanting to join the convoy, please PM me. All are welcome. I plan to stay through Sunday morning.
Sterlun may be joining the convoy in Hiawassee, coming in from Morganton. Streamline will be joining the North Georgia Convoy in Danielsville. We're now up to four confirmed trucks and one possible.

phil2968

Looks like we wil have a bunch of A3 trucks this year. Have there been any at the rally before? I can't remember any from 09 and 10. This will be my 3rd Ga rally in row. I cant wait for the day!

Blythewoodjoe

14 more days - whooooo hooo
Holy crap, you're right. I plan to leave in 2 weeks. Where did the time go and how will I get everything ready in 2 weeks. I have already scratched plans A, B, C, D, E and F. Will plan G work out or will I end up just driving my old Dodge again with a small trailer of good for trade.

Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't even have my truck here! aua Maybe go fetch it next weeeeek. I've been rolling pennies for days now, hopefully I have enough. As I said earlier, if I am supposed to bring you anything, remind me. I will not be responsible for forgetting anything that you can't prove that you reminded me of.

Status
Not open for further replies.