• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks very good! What about putting complete names in addition in smaller font at the bottom, except for people that don't want it?
This is the joy of printing them at the rally. We can add your name if you like and we won't be wasting labels on folks that don't care to wear them. These are thermal and adhesive backed so you can drop them in a credentials holder or stick them on your shirt. They also (some of them) have the cutout to put a clip on them but since they are paper. doesn't work the best. They would probably work well on your cover of you wear one as well.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be able to get my hands on some credential holders if you are interested. What size are they and how many holders do you think you would need?

phil2968

I plan on attending for the first time, ...........
What is your travel date and route? We are having the Florida convoy leave from Wildwood at the top of the turnpike at 8 am Wednesday morning sharp. Want to join up? Link to the convoy thread is in the first post of this thread.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be able to get my hands on some credential holders if you are interested. What size are they and how many holders do you think you would need?
These are roughly 2 1/2 x 4". Credential holders would be cool but one for everyone isn't realistic. There will be a couple of hundred people by the time they come and go, would be nice though.

The holder would be great since I may decide to change clothes sometime during the four day event. :)
Last year I pre-printed a bunch and factored in the remote possibility that folks may change clothes. I made 3ea. This year as long as supplies don't run out, folks can return for more labels as needed.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thats good. I get 4 days out of the underwear. Inside out, front to back. :)
Wreckerman lied!!!
I don't wear underwear in the field!!
Second day in the jungle warfare school Panama, I cut my undies off with a bayonet cause they got in a wad quick.:(:(

Besides...after drinkin some of Zouts stump water...they would have scorch marks and have ta be DX'd.:shock:

Attachments

zout

No one is probably thinking about the rally yet - or getting ready - or waiting to see their friends - or buy parts - or sell your wares - or eatiNG at the awesome MKT - or headed out onto the fantastic trail rides - or heading down to the Vets post that WM set up for us - or checking out other members trucks.

BUT
THERE ARE 10 MORE DAYS TO MAKE PLANS

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny I can bring a small generator if needed,just let me know.D
Dwight, if you have room, bring the genset. My jump box has an inverter but not sure how long it will last. There may be power at the gate as well.
Thanks.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
No one is probably thinking about the rally yet - or getting ready - or waiting to see their friends - or buy parts - or sell your wares - or eatiNG at the awesome MKT - or headed out onto the fantastic trail rides - or heading down to the Vets post that WM set up for us - or checking out other members trucks.

BUT
THERE ARE 10 MORE DAYS TO MAKE PLANS
6 More days and im on vac. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is need for a larger generator, I can bring my trailer mounted MEP-003A generator. Plenty of power, but VERY noisy.

onegmjack

My ex father-in-law was trying to get me to take his generator, did not think I would need it.I was think to run electronics, would need surge protection. I will load it up, maybe it can be used.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorta preparing

CAMO sorta started getting ready for the GA Rally today Zout...not that we are excited or anything...LOL:drool::drool:

We unloaded the "crane thingy" after only nearly a year, checked her out some and started loading a couple of trailers with "nice to have" stuff.

Then hooked up the "spinny thing" in the pics and started cleaning our saved up WMO/TF/WTF concoction to provide fuel for the multifuels making the trip. Should end up with about 300 gallons when we are done...that saves about a thousand bucks in fuel!:shock:

Also tinkered with a secret project and it's coming along well...hey Zout...how ya doin Bro??:beer:

ARE WE THERE YET???:drool::drool: HEEERRRREEE PIGGY:drool::drool:

Attachments

zout

Going great and tomrrow is the start of getting ready. I was working on the other thingy like I brought you down last trip.

Great news on the

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder what kind of wheelin and dealin one would have to do to swap an M108 for a deuce with a knuckleboom?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wonder what kind of wheelin and dealin one would have to do to swap an M108 for a deuce with a knuckleboom?
Hmmm...now that's a darn good question, and one that deserves some serious discussion over a cold glass of "Zout Elixer":drool: (With white cherries of course)

One would also need to provide some excellent close up pics to gander at while partaking of said beverages.

I gotta tell ya though Kenny...I REALLY like the crane thingy...even though I don't have a clue how to work it.

zout

4x4 - that is one nice Knuckle - saw it in person and was drooling on - I am sure PB will throw in the drool for free.

Ya know - couple "hits" and you both might forget what you were dealing over at the rally.:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks