• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil2968

I was out wrenchin' on the deuce today before the rains came. I managed to slam the ring finger of my right hand into the side of the cab. Stoopid brake cable! Ouch it smarts! It has turned a purple color and is swollen. I think the tip bone might be busted. Oh well, still lots to load including a 5 ton transmission. May have to get one of the road mechanics to come by with his service truck to crane that transmission into the bed.
I can't wait till it's time to leave!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BUT
THERE ARE 10 MORE DAYS TO MAKE PLANS
Took the M814 out for a 2 day, 250 mile shake down cruise. Everything looks great, except for the empty fuel tank:(. Gonna toss the pig wood in the back, double check the tool boxes for supplies, set up the tent to check it out, and I think I will be ready.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wonder what kind of wheelin and dealin one would have to do to swap an M108 for a deuce with a knuckleboom?

What kind of wheeling and dealing would it take to swap an M108A2 for an M1009?

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
snap

3dAngus

I just read 470 post and must have missed it. When do we pay for meals at the MKT? Is it pay as you go or pay in advance. Curious as to how they would know how much to cook if its pay as you go. Anyway, back to page one. Probably in the first post somewhere. Be back in 469 posts readings to see if anyone answered this. Later....

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just read 470 post and must have missed it. When do we pay for meals at the MKT? Is it pay as you go or pay in advance. Curious as to how they would know how much to cook if its pay as you go. Anyway, back to page one. Probably in the first post somewhere. Be back in 469 posts readings to see if anyone answered this. Later....

Pay as you go.

They take educated guesses and they're pretty good.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When do we pay for meals at the MKT? Is it pay as you go or pay in advance.
We ask that folk let us know if they are going to eat certain meals with us (steak night on Sat.) so we won't run short (we use a sign up sheet).

Mike and I have been lucky in pre-planning meals.......but even if we have leftovers the chow hounds usually police it up the next day (chili-mac bandits).

Usual fare is a big breakfast, cold cuts or hot dogs/hamburgers with fixins for lunch and a big evening meal.

We try to keep prices reasonable and serve good food...if we make a profit it is shared with Clinto and plowed back into the following years rally.

This year will be special thanks to Zout's PIG JIG on Friday night.

Blythewoodjoe

Hey guys, I am doing something potentially dumb. I am having my scout troop come down Friday night and I have decided to eat Saturday breakfast and lunch at the MKT. So that will be about 10 more for each of those meals. We will be raising the flag at our camp site Saturday morning and will lower it around 5:00 pm when they all break camp and head home. None of us play the bugle so there won't be any noise. So if you see me going Major Payne with a group of maggots, you'll know the story.

Joe

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We can contain the scouts on the back of the 814- just need to erect some sides.
I may have a friend and his son come over Saturday, to look around and maybe go for a ride in the woods.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Hey guys, I am doing something potentially dumb. I am having my scout troop come down Friday night and I have decided to eat Saturday breakfast and lunch at the MKT. So that will be about 10 more for each of those meals. We will be raising the flag at our camp site Saturday morning and will lower it around 5:00 pm when they all break camp and head home. None of us play the bugle so there won't be any noise. So if you see me going Major Payne with a group of maggots, you'll know the story.

Joe
I think that is an outstanding idea! Being an asistant scout master my self. Would love to meet them. Troop 6 butler TN.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Piggy Piggy is ready for next week pickup - just so all are aware - the meal is at the MKT - I am only roasting the oinker for the meal so if ya wanna hang out over night thur into fri fine with us. But all the meal will be brought to the MKT and served from there - they will handle whatever meal costs are amoungst themselves and I have NOTHING to do with it - except cook some oinker for ya.

109 got a full PM inspection today again - hooked up the 105 and will get the grille brought over tomorrow and loaded up. Next weekend do the final loading and sit on pins and needles till mama says GO.

Oh yeah - thanks to all that are helping with wood - I GREATLY APPRECIATE it.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.