• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've ordered 200 of the pin-on name tag holders so the first 200 people will be able to change clothes and still have their own name tag on. I don't want to have any posts on the specifics of the clothes changing, after all this is a family friendly site and Rally!

Should cut down on the number that Kenny has to print (reprint). Might even be able to tell who has signed up for steaks on Saturday (pre- ordered) with them.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I got to spend my lunch today with a WWII/ NAM VET. he is 84 yr young Pat Gibson of the 228th Aviation Battalion. I was walking from my truck to go into get a bite to eat and one of my team yelled at me to turn around, and this old guy in a power chair was chasing me down. I was weiring my 08 GA rally shirt and he saw the truck on the back. I told him all about the rally and got out my laptop and showed him photos as well Didn't get any lunch but it was an honor to spend the time with a real American hero! He had his wife right down all the info for the rally and said " I want to go" to his wife. If ya all see a big honking RV pull into the rally it is pry him and I ask we all give him a big welcome. I could have spent the hole day talking with him and hearing his stories. He was so full of life looking at the photos of the rally. I hope to see him there and chat with him more

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TIGGER, GOD BLESS YOU MAN, Your a good troop. It will be an honor to shake your hand for spreading the word.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome Tigger, I really hope he shows up. I can assure you he won't be leaving with an empty tummy and will have another shirt for his back! My father was a WWII vet but there are probably quite a few folks who have never met a WWII vet. I urge you folks to thank this hero for WWII and Viet Nam, the welcome home from that conflict sucked.

phil2968

Mike, You can count on an added 2 for 3 meals a day and snacks the 17-22nd.
MKT meals start Wednsday night for supper. If your there before that you may go hungry unless DTP cafe is open.
Will you be joining our convoy on Wednesday morning? Looks like you planned on being there Monday form your post.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT meals start Wednsday night for supper. If your there before that you may go hungry unless DTP cafe is open.
Will you be joining our convoy on Wednesday morning? Looks like you planned on being there Monday form your post.
Yes we are, I guess the calander in my head was off a bit, my bad, brain fart. My flights the 17th. I have some buisness in Daytona before we meet up.

Did SgtlongT get ahold of you yet. He said he was joining the convoy, PM him and get that worked out. I think he is driving a blazer up from South Fla.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will probably be able to make sandwiches for lunch on Wednesday, if I can get an early enough start. What takes two hours in my Corolla takes a little over 3 in the deuce. I'm hoping to roll about 8am on Wednesday. Got to go by the Armory this week and get a Mermite can to feed islandguydon out of!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Tigger....if your new friend shows up his money will be no good at the MKT.

He and his will be Steel Soldier's Guests of Honor.

If he is there Saturday morning he can ride along with someone on the hardball convoy to the VFW.

By the way....is anyone bring an American flag and a pole to display it on......I have one but a backup never hurts.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will probably be able to make sandwiches for lunch on Wednesday, if I can get an early enough start. What takes two hours in my Corolla takes a little over 3 in the deuce. I'm hoping to roll about 8am on Wednesday. Got to go by the Armory this week and get a Mermite can to feed islandguydon out of!
NO MIKE, you have enough on your plate, i was just messin with ya. I guess my humor is dry. Thats what you get from a Yankee from burbs of Detriot.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Tigger....if your new friend shows up his money will be no good at the MKT.

He and his will be Steel Soldier's Guests of Honor.

If he is there Saturday morning he can ride along with someone on the hardball convoy to the VFW.

By the way....is anyone bring an American flag and a pole to display it on......I have one but a backup never hurts.
I hope he does make it! I realy enjoyed the short time i got to spend with him and his wife

poppop

I am coming solo this year. I am doing the convoy and my passenger seat is open. I fly old glory from my M813 in camp, it is a simply matter to transfer it to the Duece for the trip.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got my A3 hub and CTIS back together today so I'll be drving it to the rally. I took it on a 25 mile checkout drive and had no problems, so I should be good to go. I had my A2 ready as a backup just in case. I planned on having the A3 looking better, but I ended up spending all my time fixing problems. Still planning on pulling my M149A2.

oilcan

I'm just getting settled in at my new shack in Decatur, and it's starting to look like I CAN make the rally this year. All my M-trucks are stuck in OH right now, so I had to borrow my pop's highway orange pickup for a while.

What are the chances of hitching a ride to Duhramtown in a green truck? :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When are you leaving?

I am leaving Jacksonville around 4 pm Tuesday and hope to be at Durhamtown by 10 PM.

I'll be leaving Sunday around noon for the return trip.

I have a buddy that might be leaving later....he will be in a deuce.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I will need some technical adivce on setting up a 3kw MEP016D and running power from it.

I have a PDISE but it's buried right now and not sure what size it is. I also have a BIG HONKIN' cable that may or may not be for it. I want to learn how to run the power safely from gen to shelter and into the tent power panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.