• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilcan

When are you leaving?

I am leaving Jacksonville around 4 pm Tuesday and hope to be at Durhamtown by 10 PM.

I'll be leaving Sunday around noon for the return trip.

I have a buddy that might be leaving later....he will be in a deuce.

To be honest, I still have tons of unloading and organizing to do and probably won't be able to get away until closer to the weekend. Probably thursday at the earliest.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I reserved my cabin one additional night on the front end so I plan to arrive late afternoon on Tuesday. That is assuming the trip from Texas goes as planned in my pickup. If I can assist on Tuesday in any way please let me know.

:beer:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I reserved my cabin one additional night on the front end so I plan to arrive late afternoon on Tuesday. That is assuming the trip from Texas goes as planned in my pickup. If I can assist on Tuesday in any way please let me know.

:beer:
Start supper!!!!!!!!!! lol Just kidding. im bringing some food to cover me till wed when the mkt arives.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just found out my power distro box is actually a PEU-156/e (6110-01-244-3209). I'm trying to find info on it but have not found the TM or much info on it at all. I saw something on the panel that leads me to believe it is for 3 phase. Not sure if it will handle single phase or not.

BTW--the 280 shelter on the M720 dolly set now has a "bed". I just returned from stocking it and will be staging it for movement in the morning so all I have to do is hitch and go next week.

Can't wait!!!!

Still have to get batteries and amdro fire ant killer. I'll be treating all mounds I see as soon as I arrive out at the site next week.

Did I say that I can't wait for the rally!!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC,

First, the PEU-156R is a three phase input, and has 20 amp twist lock plugs. If your's is in good shape (all breakers working), you will be able to get the "A" circuit working with a 120V generator, and both the "A" and "B" with a 208/240 volt input. I'll try to bring mine along too, and a couple of the cables, one of which has the 'generator' end taken off so it can be wired into a generator - I got five brand new cables from floridason and have not played with them yet. Will have to plug mine into yours, as my 'output' side is now setup as input for a MARINCO 50 amp 240 v cord and has 2 ea 20 amp twist lock and 2 ea 30 amp twist lock plugs. Need any more? MVCSC (local club) has two they will let go.

Second, backing a dolly set, even with a shelter on it is a royal pain in the a***. Not for the faint of heart or those with less than the patience of Job! Often it's easier and faster to unhook the Dolly, position the wheels, then hook the truck back up and continue backing.

Third, Clinto has half a jug of AMDRO. We used the other jug and a half on the advance party trip. There are likely new colonies so more will be a great help, but 75+ mounds should have already gone on to the big anthill in the sky!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks MIke.

I was out there last weekend and more fireants have taken up residence. I didn't have the stuff with me to take them out.

I fully understand about backing the dolly. My intent on the recon was to ensure I was good to go. I will have the system out there next weekend before it gets occupied so that I will be able to spin it around at will. Eventually I plan to put a 1009 pintle on my front bumper and based on my prior life of haywagons and working on the farm, it should be easier to push them that way.

I may dump this PEU156. i have an older model 40 amp PDB up north in storage. I am trying to work a deal with a guy that has a 100 amp PDISE. I think I would be better off with it than this PEU 156. The 100 amp will still be overkill. I have a 3kw and a 20kw I can use. I will only have the 3kw with me. I need to power my shelter and anything else folks need me to power. I've read the manuals but when it comes to volts, amps, watts, and hertz, that stuff tends to shock the crap out of me. Don't need my ticker running backwards. Would rather do the watch one, walk one, run one, teach one method.

shenkmen

Hi everyone,

Anybody willing to ferry a set of deuce dogbones from the rally someplace near to me? I'm in Lancaster, PA.

MD, NJ, DE, PA?

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

3dAngus

This is a little embarrassing, but I might just have to get someone to back my M1061E1 in with my M109A3.

It's a bugar for the inexperienced. Give me 6 inches on either side and I can back a boat in a gate with no issue, but these things are a whole lot different, especially when you have to use the mirrors to back up. So if anyone sees me pull in Thursday at noon with said equipment, please step up to the plate and offer to help out. Not one to ask can you?

Or, you can just bring your camera and take a 45 minute video of me moving it 30 feet.:beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac, you need to convince Jewell to come on down Thursday afternoon. I know he's tied up Friday afternoon and the weekend, but he could spend Thursday night. I offered him a free bunk in one of the cabins. I'm not sure if he's gotten his Deuce brakes fixed yet or not.

Will you need a grounding rod for your generator?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is a little embarrassing, but I might just have to get someone to back my M1061E1 in with my M109A3.
It's a bugar for the inexperienced. Give me 6 inches on either side and I can back a boat in a gate with no issue, but these things are a whole lot different, especially when you have to use the mirrors to back up. So if anyone sees me pull in Thursday at noon with said equipment, please step up to the plate and offer to help out. Not one to ask can you?
Or, you can just bring your camera and take a 45 minute video of me moving it 30 feet.:beer:
LOL...don't worry about backing up...someone will help!

I can hook a 50/30ton tow truck to an 80K tractor and trailer and drag that rascal anywhere ya want it...but I AIN'T gonna try to back it up!:-|:-|
I have several drivers than can though:oops::oops::oops:

zout

piggy contaniment center is loaded in the back of the 105 today - was going to take a pic but I could not raise my arms after loading that (hooger - scuz the pun) up. Once ya see it you will know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks