• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I agree 4x4 - that is awesome - I'll have to save that for an avatar - are there copywrites on it rofl

Sure am glad you got the pic before it burned to the ground and parts were obsoundered with for sure - just gotta love my friends.

I should have put one of our Skybitz GPS tracking units on it - It would show little circles going around Columbus Ga. Kinda like indians circling the wagons.

Or in PB's case - crows circling the death pile.

I have a grounding rod you can have WM - I decided safety is not a factor anymore and fly by the seat of my pants. (that is because Deb is kicking me constantly to get the jeep fired up).

zout

na - its a long story from way back when I was working on the windows patching them in - I told PB I was not paying attention and welding sparks jumped inside and caught the cushions on fire and burned it to the ground - I am still awaiting my arse kicking from him for pulling that on him.

I could feel his heart skip a beat all the way up here in ATL.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll be playing radio again this year. Linking to the trail rides is the main purpose so if you have an operational green radio, please be sure to check in. We can use truck-installed radios or portable ones. Last year we tried to recruit hams, and I know we have several, but the numbers needed just didn't make it to the rally. We'll even do CB this year if that's all the radios we have.

With just a few hams we can have green radio links to the convoys. Let me know if you will be available. Please be ready to set up a temporary station in a convoy truck.

thanks,

Bob WB4ETT

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Carnac, you need to convince Jewell to come on down Thursday afternoon. I know he's tied up Friday afternoon and the weekend, but he could spend Thursday night. I offered him a free bunk in one of the cabins. I'm not sure if he's gotten his Deuce brakes fixed yet or not.

Will you need a grounding rod for your generator?

Heck I one up'd your offer, I said he could sleep with me and the dog in the 280 shelter. Who needs a cabin when you can sleep with us. I will try twisting his arm. His deuce brakes are working. Not sure what happened but they didn't for him but work now.

Uh, no on the grounding rod. I think I could provide more than one or two or three or ten. LOL.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This is a little embarrassing, but I might just have to get someone to back my M1061E1 in with my M109A3.

It's a bugar for the inexperienced. Give me 6 inches on either side and I can back a boat in a gate with no issue, but these things are a whole lot different, especially when you have to use the mirrors to back up. So if anyone sees me pull in Thursday at noon with said equipment, please step up to the plate and offer to help out. Not one to ask can you?

Or, you can just bring your camera and take a 45 minute video of me moving it 30 feet.:beer:
Got ya covered. I back mine all the time. Now on the other hand, I'll let you back the M720 dolly set with 280 shelter on it. That would make backing a 1061 look like childs play.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... and this is where the "Military Trailer Backup Contest" - as one of the many rally entertainments - has its origin...! :)

G.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well my team flew back to VA this morning and I'm at IPS. getting all the Gov. stuff taken off the truck. Ill be running solo the next two days, going to do a few armory supply runs and Fri morning I'm dropping this piece of crap off at the yard and my sister is picking me up and Sat. morning it's on Greyhound home. 2 days finishing up things on the Jeep and pm my pickup and its GA RALLY BOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:driver::driver:[thumbzup]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Got a hot one that will be posted on this thread and the b/s/t thread. Just had a request dropped in my lap for help in getting drums for a non-profit military centric (always wanted to use that term) charity event. I need 6 good clean drums. Stampy has some plastic ones at his place in NC (where ever in NC he lives). I need someone to transport them to the GA Rally so I can help these folks out. Unless someone else has some good clean 55 (approx) gallon plastic open top with lid drums available.

Again, not for me but for a charity event.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've ordered 200 of the pin-on name tag holders so the first 200 people will be able to change clothes and still have their own name tag on. I don't want to have any posts on the specifics of the clothes changing, after all this is a family friendly site and Rally!

Should cut down on the number that Kenny has to print (reprint). Might even be able to tell who has signed up for steaks on Saturday (pre- ordered) with them.
Do we need to preorder the steaks now? If so, I need two(2) for me and the better half.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a little embarrassing, but I might just have to get someone to back my M1061E1 in with my M109A3.

It's a bugar for the inexperienced. Give me 6 inches on either side and I can back a boat in a gate with no issue, but these things are a whole lot different, especially when you have to use the mirrors to back up. So if anyone sees me pull in Thursday at noon with said equipment, please step up to the plate and offer to help out. Not one to ask can you?

Or, you can just bring your camera and take a 45 minute video of me moving it 30 feet.:beer:
Lets see. Tigger, me(EMD567) and WM all have big truck backing experience that I know of. I would say Ferro also, but I watched him back the other day, and I almost took his license away...........

Last edited:

zout

I have no clue how to back up that 105 - getting it hooked I tore down the fence (at home) so I could pull straight onto it - backing into the field over there I just make a big honking circle (maybe a couple) till it appears straight like I actually knew how to back it up - glad it does not roll any farther back on the wheel chocks when un-hooking it - otherwise I would have to figure out how to back up and re-hook it.

Why do you think I try to be one of the first in while everyone is sleeping and try to be the last to go after almost everyone leave. - love it when a plan comes together.

Attachments

zout

Just ask Mike about me backing up something - I almost wiped out the MKT last year where non of you would have gotten anything to eat - it was all that pent up stress and pressure that helped me figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.