• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Just ask Mike about me backing up something - I almost wiped out the MKT last year where non of you would have gotten anything to eat - it was all that pent up stress and pressure that helped me figure it out.
I saw you back it up last year! it wasn't that bad, we didnt need that tree,fence, horse any way!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets see. Tigger, me(EMD567) and WM all have big truck backing experience that I know of. I would say Ferro also, but I watched him back the other day, and I almost took his license away...........
You made me nervous! lol

CARNAC, I can bring you a semi truck load of whatever drums of whatever type you want. They give them away to me on the base.

Anyone need any oddball sizes? I could get them and bring them along and only charge a little for my time and effort.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a hot one that will be posted on this thread and the b/s/t thread. Just had a request dropped in my lap for help in getting drums for a non-profit military centric (always wanted to use that term) charity event. I need 6 good clean drums. Stampy has some plastic ones at his place in NC (where ever in NC he lives). I need someone to transport them to the GA Rally so I can help these folks out. Unless someone else has some good clean 55 (approx) gallon plastic open top with lid drums available. Again, not for me but for a charity event.
This probably won't help you out because of the size, but I can get you MS27684-8 milspec drums that are painted semigloss OD. These are new, open-top drums including the top and ring. The downside is that they are 12-gallon, not 55, so I doubt you can use them. Also, I would need to have them back at some point, clean. We use them to ship radioactive materials, but like I said, these are new / unused. They are 35 cm diameter and 54 cm packing height. I doubt you can use them, but I could easily bring them to the rally, and I can get way more than 6 if needed..

3dAngus

Well, if we really got bored (never happen) we all heard of potato sack race. We could just do a backup contest with different vehicles and trailers. Throw a dollar in the hat, winner takes all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is huge. This is what seperates the Steel Soldiers family from lots of other hobbies. We the people are the ones stepping up and making these rallies a success. No fair trailers staffed by toothless nomads serving mystery dogs, our own folks workin hard to make this a great evperience for each other. You appreciate this stuff so much more when there is a little sweat equity involved. I am dam proud to be a part of this family.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You made me nervous! lol

CARNAC, I can bring you a semi truck load of whatever drums of whatever type you want. They give them away to me on the base.

Anyone need any oddball sizes? I could get them and bring them along and only charge a little for my time and effort.
Ferro,

Sounds good. They do not have to be 55 gal but I'd say 35 is about the smallest they can use. It has something to do with Army Emergency Relief and some donation game of some type.

Plastic would be preferred since I'm going to carry them to them in a (I hate to say this) civi vehicle.

Thanks

CARNAC

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, if we really got bored (never happen) we all heard of potato sack race. We could just do a backup contest with different vehicles and trailers. Throw a dollar in the hat, winner takes all.

There's an idea, sack race after shots of papabears cherry juice. That would be classic.

poppop

Theres an example of the strengh of that juice. Its zouts cherry juice but it does seem to be in PB's lap a lot. And after a couple rounds its hard to remember whose juice it is.:shock::shock:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Theres an example of the strengh of that juice. Its zouts cherry juice but it does seem to be in PB's lap a lot. And after a couple rounds its hard to remember whose juice it is.:shock::shock:
It's also hard to remember who everyone else is...and why you are in the middle of the woods...at night...and barking at the moon...nekid...:oops::oops:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I need 6 good clean drums. Stampy has some plastic ones at his place in NC (where ever in NC he lives).
I have an item that needs to get back to Stampy......if anyone can assist let me know at the rally.

It's also hard to remember who everyone else is...and why you are in the middle of the woods...at night...and barking at the moon...nekid...:oops::oops:
Thank you for that visual.:shock::shock::roll::roll:

poppop

PB, I was not going to mention the nekid part. People have such a great image of you in the Tutu, I did not want to spoil that for them. Only a few more days and we can do it again.:-o

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is huge. This is what seperates the Steel Soldiers family from lots of other hobbies. We the people are the ones stepping up and making these rallies a success. No fair trailers staffed by toothless nomads serving mystery dogs, our own folks workin hard to make this a great evperience for each other. You appreciate this stuff so much more when there is a little sweat equity involved. I am dam proud to be a part of this family.
Add the element of brotherhood/sisterhood/American Can Do Spirit!!

I haven't met anyone at the GA Rally yet that I didn't like and want to meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks