• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lets go get cranetruck
I'd love to go, but have worked on my house (adding a bathroom) for some time and the MV's have second place among priorities at the moment.
There is no insurance or registration and no spare cash.
This fixed income retirement thing is not good and living out in the boonies make it hard to find extra work...

You are a great bunch of guys, thanks for thinking of me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
cranetruck;962115[B said:
]I'd love to go, There is no insurance or registration and no spare cash.[/B]
This fixed income retirement thing is not good and living out in the boonies make it hard to find extra work...

You are a great bunch of guys, thanks for thinking of me.
If we come up with a operation to get you TO the RALLY and BACK, there will NOT be a need for the HIGHLJGHTED UNDERLINED above statement'

Come on guys, there has to be a way to mount this operation, we need to get CRANETRUCK to the rally for HIS on good and welfare.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, do you have a MKT going as well with Mike..?

Are there 2 to choose from. What exactly is the provisions plan..?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
WM, do you have a MKT going as well with Mike..?

Are there 2 to choose from. What exactly is the provisions plan..?
Mike owns the MKT and we share duties of chief cook and bottle washer.

This year Ferro is supposed to bring a stripped down MKT that we are going to use for a food prep and dish washing station.

We try to provide good food with some old military favorites thrown in (Chili-mac and SOS) at a reasonable price.

There is food availible at Durhamtown but most folks at the rally stick with us.

We promised the owner of Durhamtown that we would not feed the general public but ever once in a while a civilian slips in.

As to reports that an occasional wild critter goes in the stew pot I can only say......."I deny everything and demand proof".

zout

Clinto - here is your SSGA banner - can be put out by the entrance - where ever. If someone wants to volunteer to stick er up where ever you wish - I might even have a little rope left that I did not hang my self on to donate.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Weather is looking good. As of now, we are suppose to have low 80s until Tuesday then the bottom falls out. For most of the rally it is in the 60s and at night 40s. So bring your snivel gear. Doesn't look like any of that R word either.

I'll have sleeping bags if anyone needs or forgets them but that's in the b/s/t thread.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you had a sleeping bag big enough. If I held still sleeping last year I was almost warm once, almost.

1crook

I think Mike and I discussed the coffee issue...free with meals...."Coffee Kitty" the rest of the time.
I am not going to make it to Durhamtown until Friday due to work, but I am going to send some extra coffee with Clinto when he goes out to set our stuff up and make sure that he gets it to you WM and Mike for the MKT.

zout

Without taking a HIT on the MKT crew with their many duties and low on volunteers as it is - if you bring COFFEE the fire is always going and the perculator is handy to have some for you. IF its not going and you need some - you better know how to make it - but we will have the equip for your addiction.

As well in the mornings BEFORE the MKT opens we are almost always up and Deb is a coffee addicted lush - so bring your cup. And if you happen to have some grounds =- bring em with you. If you complain to Deb its not the way you like it - be prepared to be sliced and diced.

If its the first time here - if you feel out of place or not welcome you just gotta be doing something horribly wrong and its your fault. This group is ranked #1 in my book for doing whatever thay can to help someone.

WARNING*if your there for a free hand out - have padding in your arse cause you will not survive.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time is getting short. :shock:
The rally animals are restless. fat lady sings
The trails are ready. Dumpster is already loading the chain saw(s) for the river run adventure.
Ride info for those that what to drive the trails is following. Copies of these will be at the rally.

Attachments

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Gee i diapear for a few days and ........ I just got back home. Grayhound sucks! my neck hurts. it was eather full thotle or slam on the brakes! Every oe on the bus was complaining about it! Spent a cupple days with my sister since i got off a cupple days early. Got to ride in the Ambilance with the thurs. Im going to bed im so tired i cant see strait! and dam spell checker wont work!!!!!!!!!!!

stampy

It sucks that I have to leave for work (tradeshow in Vegas) tuesday and I won't return till Sat night. <sigh> maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks