• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Your wife will be in my prayers, i know what it is like to be sick! Family comes first. hope to see ya but if not we all understand! God bless

mdmorganwife

So sorry to hear Lloyd. If there is anything we can do for you or your wife just let us know! We will be sending good thoughts your way! Hope she gets to feeling better real soon...

1crook

We will sure miss seeing you and your wife there this year Lloyd. We hope that she feels better soon. If there is anything that we can do, don't hesitate to let us know.

woodywood

Private
i been scrapping and working my arse off putting in 12 to 15 hour days!if the truck runs out good ill be there late thursday or early friday!ill help with dishes or any thing that needs to be done!

zout

Along with the fine vittles the MKT has on store for everyone - I just finished up a nice batch of Home Made Jack Daniels BBQ sause for fri night pig along with the sauce Mike has.

To get your hands on this stuff you need to tip the MKT crew. (not litterally tip them over) They do an awesome piece of volunteer work.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well just goto shange 2 tires on the jeep and load it up and clean out my pickup and load it up with my crap. And roll out in the morning and meet Onegmjack at walmart in the morning. And our little convoy will be Ga bound. I'm bringing a little somthing for dinner for tue night. Don't know if ill be back on befor i leave. My daughter has a punkin she is puttig steelsoldiers on! See ya all at the rally, every one have a safe trip!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neil is on his way to my house- Craig (bigUgh) will be up tomorrow or tonight- throw a couple of trailers on trucks, toss the piglet in the back of Neil's hooch- then we are leaving out early in the morning. Can't wait! :jumpin:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, I will be starting the official picture thread tomorrow evening. Those of you with internet access at the rally will be able to upload pictures "on the fly". Please refrain from starting a picture thread on your own.

:D

Capt.Marion

Guys, I will be starting the official picture thread tomorrow evening. Those of you with internet access at the rally will be able to upload pictures "on the fly". Please refrain from starting a picture thread on your own.

:D
:( AWWW, but that's my one contribution to the rally!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I guess I couldn't wait any longer. I flew my Cessna 152 down to Durhamtown and took some pretty lousy photos from the air with my cell phone. No MVs in sight yet, but that will change shortly. There was a very large fire very close to Durhamtown and the smoke made visibility poor, making the photos even worse. That horse pasture sure looks small from the air. I was flying at only 1,000 feet, but the camera in the phone made the pictures appear much more distant.

By the way, anyone with a plane can easily fly to the rally. The Greensboro (Green County) airport is only a few miles away. Great folks there.

Attachments

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Well,I have some less than desireable news reguarding the 816......

It won't be making the trip south to the rally this year,Mark is literally covered up at work and cannot get away.

I told Squirt truck that i would help with recoveries off road using my M35A2C,it appears it will probably not be making the trip south either(Oddball has been really tempermental since the 816 left here,I noticed a LARGE oil leak at the front of the engine on Sunday,either front main seal or oil pan gasket let go),Sorry Mark,I'll still help out,just have to use another truck.

I'm not 100% sure that i'll be bringing the M54A1 either,It's ready to go,but I may just leave it here.

I WILL be at the rally,but I may be there in the dually.Things just have not come together like they should have.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am taking my digital camera but not a video cam.

I'll have my laptop with me and I enourage anyone that makes video or still pics to load them on my hard drive.

One of the professors in the Communicatons department at Jacksonville State is going to help me make a video of the hardball convoy on Satuday. We are going to put some good music to it and I'll post it on utube when we get it completed.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Blythewoodjoe

I have a quick question for you kitchen folks. If I bring a bunch of ice can you use it? I have a large ice machine and if I can find some coolers I will bring as much as I can. If you guys don't think it's worth the trouble, I will not hunt any coolers.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks