• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a quick question for you kitchen folks. If I bring a bunch of ice can you use it? I have a large ice machine and if I can find some coolers I will bring as much as I can. If you guys don't think it's worth the trouble, I will not hunt any coolers.
Ice always puts a hole in our budget ( you can buy a lot of road kill for what we spent on it last year).

We appreciate the offer...bring all you can.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, I guess I couldn't wait any longer. I flew my Cessna 152 down to Durhamtown and took some pretty lousy photos from the air with my cell phone. No MVs in sight yet, but that will change shortly. There was a very large fire very close to Durhamtown and the smoke made visibility poor, making the photos even worse. That horse pasture sure looks small from the air. I was flying at only 1,000 feet, but the camera in the phone made the pictures appear much more distant.

By the way, anyone with a plane can easily fly to the rally. The Greensboro (Green County) airport is only a few miles away. Great folks there.

You must have been over the wrong area or you're powers of observation are not that keen. There was one there since last week.

Hold on, I forgot, it's camouflaged.

zout

Is that hard to fly with your eyes closed :roll:

If that right side door was not on that flying machine - what a great opportunity to bail out and get to the rally grounds early. Better air circulation with it off as well on such a pretty day.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am roosting in the hallway outside the radio studio at school.....the M915 is sitting out in the parking lot waiting for launch this afternoon.

It ran great coming over here so barring a vist from Mr. Murphy I should be to Durhamtown tonight (or early in the morning if I decide to camp out at the Flying J at Exit 138 on I-20).

Elmo is resting up atop his favorite perch on the dash of the M915.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Slight change of plans for me: Having mechanical problems with the mule and I lost my assistant (Dad) today. original plan was to be all loaded up, Dad and I bring the gun ring truck with mule in the 105 out today, drop them off and come back.

Him being out (scheduling issues with a contractor) and the mule not being loaded more or less kill today, so I am going to use it to catch up and go out first thing tomorrow. I may go out this afternoon but I doubt it.

I am going to try and get our signage from Streamline today as well.

There will be rally personnel on site to direct incoming attendees, so no worries.

Rally on!

zout

Tomorrow morning I will need about 3 bags-o-ice to chill off the oinker.

It will still be 1/2 frozen when I get it here this afternoon and is shrink wrapped and in a box - Tigger (though some trial and tribulation yesterday) has a cooler insulated box we will transfer it to - therefore the ice.

Here at work now and so is the wifey till end of day - all we have left is chow - tarp now cause the rain coming in late tonight - and load remainder of misc items in the fridgerators.

12 ga is loaded and locked in case we find another road side pig on the way or an injured car struck deer to drag along.

Should be in the the funny farm grounds near 9:30 tonight.

223man

Do people bring ATVs to go on the trail rides with the MVs?
Is this a bad idea? I have a Kawasaki Teryx ( think Yamaha Rhino)
me and a friend were going to ride to take some pics to make my
friends jealous. This will be my first rally, i look forward to meeting
you guys.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
you guys.
Go ahead and bring it-we had a member last year bring his.

He also tried to climb a tree with it.

:D

We look forward to meeting you!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you guys.
Bring it, you will have a blast watching these well oiled behemoths climb and crawl over stuff. When watching, consider this. The average deuce with 2 occupants will be close to 14,000#.

zout

Zout and mini Zout got kicked out of work way early today :beer:
Pig on its way up to the DZ and minor things to tidy up on packing - so instead of me annoying my boss's= we get to come early and annoy you all. Expect to be there before sundown.

Talked to Tigger a short time ago and they were a little over a hundred miles out.

Hopefully Amy and DH did not carry any sharp objects in the vehicle - long trips take their toll on folks patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.