• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least one year in the past I've brought a GP Med and set it up in the field. I no longer have one and getting one out of the FL Rally site might be work I don't have time to do.

I did get a CP Tent from Bobby. I'll set it up at the entrance but I won't be lodging in it so Smoke, if you need it, I've got it.

I may have a GP Medium I can Bring! I have to try and fix a issue with it. If I can fix it I will let yall know when we get closer! I have the aluminum pole set for it so we dont have to worry about splinters from wooden poles!

I have your tent ready for you 4x4! When are you going to pay.......lol JK we good!

Also if I can find roofs I may have 3 more 11x11 command post tents I can bring to the rally if any one wants them 350 to 400 all according to what the roofs cost me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With just a little help, I can have the GP Medium up quick. What's the issue with it Bobby? If it's patch work we might be able to pull that off at the site. At the end of the day, the GP Medium is the tent I know best. Bobby, do you have an extra "window" wall available for the tent I bought (and paid for) from you? LOL

SMOKEWAGON66

As Brother Clinto said I have the T-shirt concession again this year.

My big mistake last year was not having enough shirts for the fa........errrrrr.......not enough "plus size" shirts. That will not happen this year.

Last year I ordered 250 shirts and eventually sold all of them. This year I may do 300 since mail order accounted for about 1/3 of my sales. The shirts went as far as Austraila.:shock:

Thanks for all the support we got last year.

I'm looking forward to coming up with a different design but using the same quality American made shirts.

The shirts will be the same colors (tan for short sleeve and white for long), there will be long and short sleve and they will have pockets.

Clinto will prob start a thread about the shirts.......I will take suggestions as to what type of vehicle to have on the back. Last year was a 800 series 5 ton.

My goal is to work with the vendor and have the design ready and the shirts done by the end of Sept.

I would like to do a more modern vehicle like a M915 or maybe a HEMMET but if old school rules out I'll stick to a standard.
...Well whatever design you come up with WM, mark me down for at least 2 short sleeves in XXL.

I kinda like the 915 idea..an A1 right? With the good old triple axle 872? hauling a M1113? That'd be cool.

As Brother Clinto said I have the T-shirt concession again this year.

My big mistake last year was not having enough shirts for the fa........errrrrr.......not enough "plus size" shirts. That will not happen this year.

Last year I ordered 250 shirts and eventually sold all of them. This year I may do 300 since mail order accounted for about 1/3 of my sales. The shirts went as far as Austraila.:shock:

Thanks for all the support we got last year.

I'm looking forward to coming up with a different design but using the same quality American made shirts.

The shirts will be the same colors (tan for short sleeve and white for long), there will be long and short sleve and they will have pockets.

Clinto will prob start a thread about the shirts.......I will take suggestions as to what type of vehicle to have on the back. Last year was a 800 series 5 ton.

My goal is to work with the vendor and have the design ready and the shirts done by the end of Sept.

I would like to do a more modern vehicle like a M915 or maybe a HEMMET but if old school rules out I'll stick to a standard.

:idea: You could set up a pole for what vehicle to put on the shirt. Might be kinda fun to see which vehicles get the most votes.

:idea: You could also set up a sizing pole for people who plan on purchasing shirts. That way you would roughly know many of each size to order.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With just a little help, I can have the GP Medium up quick. What's the issue with it Bobby? If it's patch work we might be able to pull that off at the site. At the end of the day, the GP Medium is the tent I know best. Bobby, do you have an extra "window" wall available for the tent I bought (and paid for) from you? LOL

The problem is the buckles at the top plate were the center pole and cross beam hooks up at! They had water right in that spot that ate away at the straps. This is a 2nd generation GP medium so it is vinyl with canvas attaching areas for reinforcing! I think the tent itself is in good condition!

At this time I do not have any extra walls for the 11x11 tents and im in need of 3 roof's if anyone has a roof or two that would like to trade or sell let me know!

Last edited:

zout

PB - Clinto and the fellas already had the group in mind that pretty much huddle up and make a full campground off to the side where the other folks can manuver around freely.

Want to thank them for this as well. Seen the pictures Clinto posted and I really see no problem - although I will miss the horse paddies for keeping the campfire going and for use in the bbq grille (now ya all know where that special flavoring came from).

The set aside area as well worked out to keep out of traffic lanes and thus in turn helped keep out of the dust flying around. I am sure all will work out just ****** dorey.

The soonest we can get there is the 9th after work - so we will look around and take what we can get and get it marked off. Couple other fellas last yr pretty much had a section set aside for us already.

Looks like as well I can get my smoke land mines in place in this new area working with trip wire - all looks good.

NMCShooter

Militaryoffroadtires.com is bringing at leats 2 deuces, probly 3. If you want tires delivered, 36" to 52", let me or Patracy know. We will have a 16'x16' GP tent for those who have nowhere else to stay...as long as you don't fart too much.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
So, I dropped my leave form last week, and was approved. However, looking at my current fiscal situation, Im leaning toward taking 4 more days of leave, and driving to GA. My car gets like 42 highway, and roughly estimating, it would only run around 200 bucks each way. And if I bring a friend, it will be cheaper. Also, I dont have a tent or anything (could borrow one I guess) but I do have a cot and MIL-SPEC sleeping bag, Im wondering if I could just get in where I fit in....Im not really wanting to park my car at the rally either, to save space for qualified MV's and all..so there is that. Anyone need a driver for shuttling? Hit me up, Id be glad to help out.
I will have the first aid tent set up and will be sleeping in. its 10x10 plenty of room for you if you would like!

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to see streamline today, and on the way back stopped by Durhamtown. The field we are in is called the bomber field, so looking at the map that Clinto furnished, i reserved B8 and B9 for the MKT operations (there is no power or water at B7. Spots B1 to B6 start near Randolph Church Road and go back towards where our entrance will be. Where we get onto the road is a full seven tenths of a mile to the office, or about double the distance we were at in the horse pasture. Main area from the road to the treeline is flat, once into the trees it slopes down 6 to 8 feet in about 200 yards. Lots of great spots for camping under those trees.

As far as showers go, I picked up a command post tent frame so my topless CP can be put up as a shower facility. Now if I can get the US Thermal tent to cooperate, we can set it up , putting two showers in each - one tent for the guys and one for the gals, with two showers and a dressing area in each one. I'll look into 'occupied'/"open" signs for each one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds awesome. I am so stoked to join you guys for the first time!
Trust me you will have a blast. You might need to swing by Mikes (scsg-g4a) place and help him bring the 3 truck loads of stuff he's purchased for the rally and our comfort.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Trust me you will have a blast. You might need to swing by Mikes (scsg-g4a) place and help him bring the 3 truck loads of stuff he's purchased for the rally and our comfort.
Really starting to look like there will be a BIG NEED for drivers this year.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WN, what are you pulling it with this year, thought you sold the 915, maybe on a dolly converter behind your 900

OR maybe one of the new 48 owners will loan you a 48/5th wheel combo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.