• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

OK PB - now that we found out the knuckleheads at DT double booked #9 spot which I reserved for CAMO along with spot #11 - here is last years pics of the trip Ron and I took before the rally to give everyone a heads up on loations.
That FAR end POLE down by the A frame (rons camping area) was #12 - so Mike had to be farther up the line around #6 for the MKT. I see an arm wrestling contest over #9 & #11 which I had reserved for CAMO.

Here are the shots of the field for anyone who has not been there - there are a few more previous to this link

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?90329-Official-2012-SS-Ga-Rally-Info-thread/page65

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to come down Tuesday to set up trailer and Tent in vendor area. Is the vendor area same as last year?

Still trying to get money up to pay for Cabin this year! Check out my ads in the GA Rally for sale area for things you might want! Cant wait! Less than a month!

Happy.....Happy.....Happy days are near!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is the vendor area same as last year?
Yes. The flat "upper" field that touches Randolph Church Road is the vendor area. We expanded it for 2013 so that the entire upper field is swap meet. Exceptions for the 12 power/water spots, obviously-if you rented one of them, you can do whatever you please in your area (camp, swap meet vendor, buyer, underwater basket weaving whatever).

We will try to mark some of the field before participants arrive to aid in organization and set up but it's a big field, so no guarantees.

We hope by expanding the field to make it easier to navigate for buyers and sellers, make it safer, less crowded and obviously, attract more vendors. At this point, the Ga Rally is as big as the MVPA National Convention so we should have some decent vendor action. I am undecided as to how to gain more vendors and retain the personal nature of the event.

zout

I am undecided as to how to gain more vendors and retain the personal nature of the event.

AHHH - how about roller skating waitress's to delivery bought vendor items to make it easier on some of us ole folks - that was not hard.tumblr_m2i1wbXmDU1qjffwko1_500.jpg

poppop

Looks great Mike!! Jake's Dad will be out of the Country on business part of that week and they will only be able to come to the Rally on Saturday and stay one Night. Jake does not know about the apron so you can present it to him when he gets there.

When we did some work on the house my apron got packed away and is in a storage container in the backyard. I have looked for it some but the trailer is full of boxes so no luck yet.

zout

No doubt around here either - been sunny all week and the weekend comes and its going to rain when I have to change the filters on the truck pre-rally. I could finish greasing it but I would be laying in a river in the driveway.
Think I just get Debs jeepy turned around so it can get a tow bar onto it when it comes just to make things a little easier. Its going to take the weekend before the rally sitting out there just to start to get relaxed.

Cannot wait.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally hope they will! I got a TON of things to take care of yet. :([/QUOT

Im with you about alot of thing to finish, but im so ready for a vaction and to hang out with people crazier than me. lol
Who might that be???

Folks, with just 17 days left, it's crunch time. Don't forget to revisit post 2 as a review. Also skim over the swap thread and make sure you can fulfill your committments. If your situation has changed and you are unable to buy something you intended to buy, please communicate this with the seller. Remember to stop at the registration area to sign in and get a name tag. Make sure you have phone numbers for many members so that if you have an issue, help can be summonned. Cell service can be spotty at DP. Show your family members how to sign on to Steel Soldiers. We will be monitoring the site as best as we can. Most of all, be safe getting ready and on your travels. Please, no more atankersdad issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks