• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After two weeks ago I'm not exactly rally worker material. Does bumping the thread count?

;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plans (always subject to change), are to leave here Tuesday eve and arrive mid day Wed. I don't mind spending 95% of my time at the gate but the Wed morn help is welcome.

poppop

Lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be there again with stone ground grits and homemade sugarcane syrup. I think I worked every breakfast, even the one after I fell out of my truck in the middle of the night on a pee run, And plan to do so again this year. Not fall out of the truck, although that was a fun night, but help in the kitchen. My Grandson, who was 12, volunteered for one cleanup last year and the next day just showed up to help Mike, I am so proud. He enjoyed it and I hope will be back this year. Mike has him an apron made up with his name on it and wanted to send it to me. I told Mike no, lets surprize him this year and present it to him at the Rally. So please, no one give away the secret.

I have been called upon by Squirt-truck on a couple occassions to provide assistance on the trails with my limited knowledge and will be available to help where needed. Of course I will bring firewood as always and bring the Rally tables which I store for clinto in the off season.

You all know my Buddy Bob, bob130ab on site. I hope he will be with me again. He has been fighting prostate cancer for the last 6.5 years. It is now in his bones and he starts chemo next week. He and a couple other Friends just got back from a 4 day motorcycle tour of the North Carolina and Tennesee mountains and Bob is 78 years young. I only hope I can do what Bob is doing when I am that age.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro, don't forget to remind the guys that drive your trucks to the rally, that they also have to drive them BACK to your LZ! :driver:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"In 2012, our new field was split up, half into general parking and half into swap meet. This year, we will allow the entire field to be swap meet area and move all general parking into the lower (wooded/shaded) area, behind the MKT. In 2012, the field was extremely difficult to get vehicles in and out of, so we’re going to try and alleviate some of this for 2013"

This is giong to be a problem because the wooded area WAS full of trucks and campers, this was only a small number of the 100+ trucks that took part, people sorta want to be near there truck, the red clay pit at the lower end of the woods wont hold a lot of trucks and if it rains you will have a BIG MUD HOLE, if you put campers and trucks on the other side of the clay pit, you will be getting REALY spread out, the more spread out the less intermingling of members, less control, can't here the loud speakers and a bunch of other reason.

One reason for the tight area on the flat was the wrecker kit build, another reason was that we early arivees started to organize the venders, this was working GREAT till someone showed up and said when asked where to set up "this spot is good or where you want" after that there was NO organiziaton, just a cluster.

With the flat under control there is a LOT of room for vendors, swap meet, campers, fire, and a few other things. some vendors, swap meeters showed up Tuesday night, very early Wed. morning, so the person placing the vendors NEEDS to be there BEFORE that, NOT come in later and change things.

Just one of many thoughts to help the 13SSGAR still be the BEST rally in the SS world (we are now, just keeps getting better)

Stonepicker1

I made my reservation for a cabin "Green Acres" yesterday(9th to 13th). I have my two kids with me.
I plan to bring the CUCV-II crew cab, CUCV-II reg cab with Gooseneck trailer. On top of the trailer will be the CUCV dually and maybe the M-Gator.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is giong to be a problem because the wooded area WAS full of trucks and campers, this was only a small number of the 100+ trucks that took part, people sorta want to be near there truck, the red clay pit at the lower end of the woods wont hold a lot of trucks and if it rains you will have a BIG MUD HOLE, if you put campers and trucks on the other side of the clay pit, you will be getting REALY spread out, the more spread out the less intermingling of members, less control, can't here the loud speakers and a bunch of other reason.
There is a ton of nice, shaded, wooded area back there that will be less muddy and dusty than the main field. I've walked it, driven it and verified we have access to it. I would not ask anyone to set up their camp in the red dirt bowl that Mahala was jumping off (if that's the area you mean).

This will give us a large area to set up wreckers for lift ops and give the vendors more space and make it easier for people to pick up purchases from the vendors.

I didn't realize you had an M-gator. That's really great.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to be there Friday before, with the M814 "Long Easy" and the M37 "Looking for Trouble" With the super deluxe "HOOCH" in tow behind the M814.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to be there Friday before, with the M814 "Long Easy" and the M37 "Looking for Trouble" With the super deluxe "HOOCH" in tow behind the M814.
EMD please save some Bacon and Eggs for me and Ron this year! Remember it is not a Rally until you have more than one :)

michigandon

I hope to be down sometime between the 4th and the 6th, with my M35a2 w/w ("Sad Sack"), my M105a2 with S250 shelter ("michigandons' Domicile") and my "Faux 150 TAP". I reserved the same full hookup site I was in last year, for lack of knowledge of a better spot. [thumbzup]

zout

I have not reserved an rv camping spot up in the old field near the firing range that will be suitable for septic disposal and electrial hookup. I have not put in a request for any vacation time at this point - its all going to depend on getting the 923 put back together and fully operational. Not worried about it being painted because I could care less. I do not want to have to install stuff twice - so when I get onto building and installed removed items from the 109 onto this I only want to do it once.

With what I have on my plate at this time - its going to be a touch and go situation.

If the Zouts can be fully functional with the ride and be able to tote along the 4 wheeler to travel to and fro from the old area to the new area I will more than happy to volunteer time - but I cannot put my name on a list at this time - but full intent is to be able to assist but limited movement wize. For those that saw me last year I appologize as was not myself and fully functional after the surgury - I had glimpses of enthusiam - but that's all they were. I had all I could do just to be there. BUT - I did get a chance to lite up the bonfire which was spectacular.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made my reservation for a cabin "Green Acres" yesterday(9th to 13th). I have my two kids with me.
I plan to bring the CUCV-II crew cab, CUCV-II reg cab with Gooseneck trailer. On top of the trailer will be the CUCV dually and maybe the M-Gator.
Definitely bring the M-Gator. I believe you will be the first to bring an M-Gator.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm willing to work the Registration / Front Gate. Just let me know what times you need me. I plan on arriving sometime mid-Wednesday and staying through Sunday.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may find that the M-Gator is much more useful than any trucks for beebopping about. After taking my cart last year, I doubt I would show up without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks