• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Harvey

Just booked a cabin. First time I'll be attending a SS Rally. Can't wait cause it seems like the past events have been awesome.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just booked a cabin. First time I'll be attending a SS Rally. Can't wait cause it seems like the past events have been awesome.
You'll have a great time. We haven't experienced the kind of growth we've had by putting on a bad event. Very laid back and relaxing atmosphere, good swap meet (last two years were a big jump in the number of swap meet vendors), fun offroading (the night trips are a blast). Good food and you get to put a face to all the weird screen names.

rofl

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'll be there wed sometime. Reserved a site for the camper. First time for me. Bringing wife, truck and camper, and maybe a toy to drive around. No MV's this time. Only been trying to go for 5 or 6 years now, looks like I'll make it this time.

Al Harvey

Anyone gonna be traveling there via the Nashville, TN area? Love to be able to link up with a group going down incase of issues.

jw4x4

You going to try going down 75 or 77?
As part of the support mission for Speddmon last year on the way back from SSGR12, we came up 77. NEVER again will I travel that route. That was the WORST stretch of road (mainly thru Virginia) I have ever had the misfortune of traveling. To top it off, they had the nerve to charge me several tolls. Each one was the max amount (because I had 5 axles on the ground). I suggest to avoid this route at all costs.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks like I'll be there wed sometime. Reserved a site for the camper. First time for me. Bringing wife, truck and camper, and maybe a toy to drive around. No MV's this time. Only been trying to go for 5 or 6 years now, looks like I'll make it this time.

Welcome Gentlemen! We look forward to meeting new faces at SSGR13. Thanks for making the effort to join us this fall.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I-77 in Virginia is seven miles of a five percent grade, which can get exciting going down, or a real drag going up. West Virginia is where the tolls come in. I've only done that route in my rice burner and paid the minimum tolls. It is the most direct route between my house and Camp Perry.

zout

Swiss or Main Team of this years Rally - for the newbies coming with small 4 wheel toys I see it might be an appropriate time to mention the rules and regulations of Durhamtown - especially with 4 wheelers and motorcycles.

IE - purchased wrist bands to ride them - where to ride them - going around camping area's and dust kicked up - as they have no sence of humor just flying around their properly as this is what it is held on - their property. I know once I seen our 4 squirrels not abiding and causing trouble it was halted quickly.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Stretch, that sounds about right. I have not decided what to take yet. '11 & '12 was the "Winged Dodge" and a 101. It will either be the same or the camper. Pulling the camper sucks (literally with a gas powered Hemi) fuel wise though.

jw4x4

The hills aren't an issue. Scenery is definitely beautiful. The problem is the huge pot holes and seemingly endless sections of sunken pavement. I am aware that a longer wheelbase vehicle would be a better ride, but the road was absolutely terrible.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss or Main Team of this years Rally - for the newbies coming with small 4 wheel toys I see it might be an appropriate time to mention the rules and regulations of Durhamtown - especially with 4 wheelers and motorcycles.

IE - purchased wrist bands to ride them - where to ride them - going around camping area's and dust kicked up - as they have no sence of humor just flying around their properly as this is what it is held on - their property. I know once I seen our 4 squirrels not abiding and causing trouble it was halted quickly.

I resemble that remark. Everyone remember to wear your helmet too.

1iy72.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

And helmets.

Yeah Stretch, that sounds about right. I have not decided what to take yet. '11 & '12 was the "Winged Dodge" and a 101. It will either be the same or the camper. Pulling the camper sucks (literally with a gas powered Hemi) fuel wise though.
*cough* M813 *cough*

zout

TiggerGF - no wonder why - each cabin has a sauna and hot tub in each room as well. Around each group of cabins they have a swimming pool as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks