• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Live bodies would be called "tenants/renters".
You can correct PB in person, I'll personally show you where his camp is set up.

Looking forward to seeing you in October! :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You'll have a great time. We haven't experienced the kind of growth we've had by putting on a bad event. Very laid back and relaxing atmosphere, good swap meet (last two years were a big jump in the number of swap meet vendors), fun offroading (the night trips are a blast). Good food and you get to put a face to all the weird screen names. rofl
Just to add on a little for anyone who may have concerns about bringing their wife or children let me say this:

My wife has participated in the last 3 rallys and she is hooked!! She was raised in Brooklyn, NY and had NEVER been out into the woods until her 1st GA Rally. After that 1st rally she wants me to reserve "her" cabin for the next year as soon as we get back home!!

Folks you will just not find a better run rally with no BS and only a few basic common sense rules to follow.
You will meet some fine folks from all over the country and yes, even OTHER countries!!

Come and enjoy!!:papabear:

zout

I guarantee PB will never ever give me the keys to his cabin in his lifetime - those that missed it last year can search and see why. I have even been banned from riding in his golf kart or camping next to him. I be left on a mission if I can come to find someone who will hang out with me - that is unless I am in the cabin group of swimming pools sunbathing - or in the one of the sauna's. But then I might just swim in the lake that is next to the camping area.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just to add to what PB said, You do not have to worry about the kids because, everybody looks after them, kids make friends quick, at the rally you see groups roaming around having fun, kids are the main item that EVERYBODY looks to keep safe with all the trucks moving around.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I guarantee PB will never ever give me the keys to his cabin in his lifetime - those that missed it last year can search and see why. I have even been banned from riding in his golf kart or camping next to him. I be left on a mission if I can come to find someone who will hang out with me - that is unless I am in the cabin group of swimming pools sunbathing - or in the one of the sauna's. But then I might just swim in the lake that is next to the camping area.
Dave the hot tub was one of Mikes pices of equitment, the pool was someones spair tire!

Attachments

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad and I had a great time last year and are looking forward to a better time this year we reserved our spot 3 weeks after getting back last year. Hope to be able to do another Lowcountry Boil again this year. Going to check with Mike to find out what night he is going to start serving off the MKT. I dont want to step on any toes the MKT crew does an outstanding job.

phil2968

Re: Official 2013 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

We are not 100% sure we are going to be able to make it this year,cabin is reserved,but lack of funds may be a major stumbling block again.
You are not allowed to miss two Ga rallies in a row! It just ain't so. Hitch a ride with someone and come on down!
Ron could lend you some room in his "coop". If you're that brave!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad and I had a great time last year and are looking forward to a better time this year we reserved our spot 3 weeks after getting back last year. Hope to be able to do another Lowcountry Boil again this year. Going to check with Mike to find out what night he is going to start serving off the MKT. I dont want to step on any toes the MKT crew does an outstanding job.
Jason,
The plan is to start cooking for the Wednesday evening meal, but since it will be chicken bog (rice, chicken, peas and whatever else I can find), you will be welcome to prepare the Lowcountry Boil instead.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are not 100% sure we are going to be able to make it this year,cabin is reserved,but lack of funds may be a major stumbling block again.
We are not 100% sure we are going to allow you to miss this event. Drive the Subaru, bring a tent, peddle some parts, do whatever. I can assure you that your friends won't let you sleep in the rain or go hungry. Pack your stuff guys.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am going to share some photos with ya'll of a private trip we took.

Squirt-truck and I are friends with some guys in the Land Rover hobby and they invited us on one of their "British truck" offroading trips at D-town this past February. So he took the M37 along with Dumpster and I took the M35A2C. Also took the mule but the weather was more suited for vehicles equipped with cabs.

If you've never been to the SSGR or you've never been out on the trails, this is a mere taste of what's available.

A few hundred pics and some videos: http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/temporarydurhamtownacct/library/2-23-2013-Durhamtown

There are several pages of pics, so what you see on the first page is only part of it.

Everybody should do a rain dance, because D-town is 100 times more fun with mud rather than red dust!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.