• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigandon

Everybody should do a rain dance, because D-town is 100 times more fun with mud rather than red dust!
I dunno, some of those hillsides I was on least year were tricky enough (at least for me) to circumnavigate when they were dry. Dread to think what it might be like in those woods after a little rain has fallen.

But hey, I'm open to trying new things. MV Woodstock might be an absolute blast!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ready to go. Just reserved camping spot B12, the back corner where Zout, Phil, PB, 73M819, Swiss, Ferro, Bigugh 20, and some guys from Ala. set up. Let the fun times begin!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I dunno, some of those hillsides I was on least year were tricky enough (at least for me) to circumnavigate when they were dry. Dread to think what it might be like in those woods after a little rain has fallen.

But hey, I'm open to trying new things. MV Woodstock might be an absolute blast!
I an not an experienced off-roader, like I am at drag strips and road courses, so everything is a challenge to me!

It's a real challenge to try and get down a sloped hill when it's wet-you constantly have to plan for where you will land if something bad happens.

The first year we were at D-town in 2008 it had rained for a week and we had a blast.

mms_img856639954.jpg2-23-13011.jpg2-23-13013.jpg2-23-13019.jpg2-23-13024.jpg2-23-13036.jpg2-23-13044.jpg2-23-13060.jpg2-23-13070.jpg687e19a5-9098-48f2-b392-06fd9c8ae8a7.jpg

Blythewoodjoe

Where did the time go. Almost time for the rally. Just reserved a cabin. The dodge was just too tight for me and Logan last year. Not sure what I will drive. Logan has said we are not driving anything loud or uncomfortable. That narrows it down.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Where did the time go. Almost time for the rally. Just reserved a cabin. The dodge was just too tight for me and Logan last year. Not sure what I will drive. Logan has said we are not driving anything loud or uncomfortable. That narrows it down.

Bring a deuce or a 5 ton. Tell her it's a newer model with soft suspension and a/c.

She won't know you lied until it's too late!

wilfreeman

Looks like I'll be coming w/o the family this year - the wife doesn't want to stay in DT's camper this year and all of the other (fairly cheap, non primitive) cabins are already rented. I'm fine with a tent and cot and porta pot though!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sometimes, people will not show up to the rally at the last minute (not to mention non-rally attendees who have rented facilities). I'd start calling a bit before the rally and maybe you'll get lucky and snag one.

I need to find out who the current D-town point person is for us. Lauren Clifton was previously this person and she did a good job of helping out rally attendees. If there is a person there now in her old position and they're good like her, you may be able to tell them what you're after and have them contact you if it comes available.

Actually, you should take this opportunity to take a 4 month sabbatical from your job, buy an M109 shop van and build a M-camper!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I'm in. Just reserved a cabin, since I will hopefully be in the middle of moving and I don't know what will be here and what will be there in NC, so I went soft and rented a cabin (Smokehouse) just to see what its all about. Can't wait!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'll be coming w/o the family this year - the wife doesn't want to stay in DT's camper this year and all of the other (fairly cheap, non primitive) cabins are already rented. I'm fine with a tent and cot and porta pot though!
With the new bath haus, who wouldn't be. I'm so looking forward to a great time.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I might call them to be sure - I just looked at what was available online. I'm not completely convinced that my wife wanted to come this year anyway - I guess I would find out for sure if a cabin would suddenly come available! I'll be there regardless - I need to put some more trail miles on the Jeep! See ya'll there

TiggersGF

Well guys I got a once in a life time opportunity to go over seas with work and train with our brothers ( and sisters) in law enforcement! It will be the last week of Sept. and first 2 weeks of Oct. I am not passing this up! So I will not be coming ( supervising) Matthew the week of the rally. I will be shure to get my Vac. time in for next year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well guys I got a once in a life time opportunity to go over seas with work and train with our brothers ( and sisters) in law enforcement! It will be the last week of Sept. and first 2 weeks of Oct. I am not passing this up! So I will not be coming ( supervising) Matthew the week of the rally. I will be shure to get my Vac. time in for next year.
I hope you are not going to the sandbox.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man...what a bummer!!! I was looking forward to having you appointed "Compound Police"!!!
(I always wanted to be arrested by a pretty officer, cuffed with pink handcuffs, and...er...nevermind)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks