• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't go overboard on PB shackels TGF. He is so gentle you could make them out of pipe cleaners and they would do just fine.

:papabear:

Official 2013 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

Fellow SSers is there a newbies guide for the Rally? Several of us up here in North Alabama / South Tennessee are interested in attending. I have read the older posts. Things to bring, stuff to do, spots that need help, etc. this would be the first rally for any of us.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fellow SSers is there a newbies guide for the Rally? Several of us up here in North Alabama / South Tennessee are interested in attending. I have read the older posts. Things to bring, stuff to do, spots that need help, etc. this would be the first rally for any of us.
David great question and we would love to have our fellow southern SS members join us this year. We tried to answer all the key questions in the invite which is outlined in the second post of this thread. Do you have some specific questions that we could address? Please ask there are no stupid questions.

I like to think of it as a big campout with some great people. So if you are a camper then bring typically what you need for camping and you are perfect. You can cook your own food or we have a MKT or a military kitchen and you can eat 3 meals a day at the MKT.

Official 2013 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

Swiss,

Thanks for that info. I'm considering bringing my wife and daughter. She is 4, would that be a bad idea?

Also we are looking at getting one of the RV's there. How is the bath house?

What is the cost for the meals from the MKT?

Are there trails for people that don't want to go slamming there trucks to pieces?

How do we know where and when we could assist where ever needed.

Is there a needed supplies list for the overall event? I saw firewood, radios, etc.

Sorry for all the questions. There would probably be atleast 3 vehicles and maybe as many as 7.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Here's PapaBears guidance for new folks:

1...Plan to come to the GA Rally...then show up.
2...Bring an MV of some kind if ya can...if not...just show up anyway ya can and look at/ride in the ones other folks bring.
3...Bring food/shelter or a few bucks to eat at Mike's MKT and rent a cabin or camping spot...see thread for camping info.
4...Bring the family/kids/dogs(if the dogs are "people friendly")
5...Have a good time and meet some REALLY good Americans!:beer:

Any other questions?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss,

Thanks for that info. I'm considering bringing my wife and daughter. She is 4, would that be a bad idea?
You know your own child and her needs the best. This is a family event but some people do stay up late around the large campfire. You can camp away from the fire and noise should not be a problem. I had my seven year old last year with me and others have brought I know 6 year olds. We do have alot of large trucks that move around so as a parent I was dilgent last year to make sure I kept an eye on the youngest.

Also we are looking at getting one of the RV's there. How is the bath house?
It is fairly clean and separate men and womens. The funny thing is last year I did not even get a chance to visit the bath house :) There are clean porta potties and portable hand washing stations. I have seen much worse at football games and concerts.

What is the cost for the meals from the MKT?
You can eat for less than $20 per day per person

Are there trails for people that don't want to go slamming there trucks to pieces?
Yes, it is an off road park. The trails can be as challenging as you want to make them but I have heard of very few damaged trucks from the trails. Some members rent or bring ATV's motorcycles and disappear for 2-3 days.

How do we know where and when we could assist where ever needed.
I have seen a great spirit of help at the Rally, you will know when help is needed and feel free to step in when you can lend a hand.

Is there a needed supplies list for the overall event? I saw firewood, radios, etc.
Do not feel obligated to bring something. If you have some of the items on the list or maybe even something missing please bring it to the Rally. But again your attendance and a big smile is the most important aspect we need.

Others will chime in with their thoughts and thank you for a great question!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Also you will find that EVERYONE looks out for the children.
I've had folks bring their kids over to our AO while they went on trails rides etc...don't believe that stuff swiss will tell ya about me selling em to a Saudi Prince!!!
:roll:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clarification, PB does not sell young children. He only sells young ladies 15 and older. Not sure if they are going to Saudi Arabia. :?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you can see we have alot of good humored ladies and gentlemen among our troops! They are harmless :). My wife on time was looking at a members avatar and did come to the wrong conclusion.

Bottom line, great folks you will get to know better in October!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rental RVs are just that. Don't expect a new Cruise America motor home. These have been parked and will likely never move again. They are used by outdoorsmen so they look it but they are maintained. Plan it like a camping trip with lots of bonuses. Maybe bring a wagon for the wee one and don't forget chairs. I can assure you that the members will look out for you and your family. If you have and concerns you would rather not air, just PM one of us.

ralbelt

My wife and I stayed in a rented RV for the 2011 rally. It was used, but clean and dry, with a shower and hot water. If my schedule permits I would stay in them again next time we make a rally.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love reading this thread! Thankful for Clinto keeping this Rally going year after year and to think I met/knew him before the first one.
Love camp-outs, it was a constant when growing up and when the planets line up just right I'll arrive in my 757, maybe this year, but can't tell you for sure.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do I need to annul operation "Nab old coot, cowgirl, and Mack nut" and inact Operation "Nab old coot, cowgirl, Mack nut and Crane Man?"

At this rate I'll have to get my old school bus going to get all the kidnappies to the rally!

zout

As for the community bath house - last year was the big new one that was purchased by DT facility that was an ole prison shower system - each stall is seperated and it was absolutely outstanding last year - big area's for women and men all in the adjorning building.

This is behind the main lodge and about 1/4 mile away from the SS Rally grounds. There are folks headed that way most the time to hook up rides with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks