• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tony,
Get me the brands and types of coffee to purchase before mid September. I've got most of the rest of the coffee supplies laid in. Will you need filters?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a maybe odd request- My Dad wants to come but he can't camp anymore or even stay in the Deuce with me. It might be too late and it would be overkill to rent a place for just him as my wife and I like to stay out on the field. Is there someone who has rented a cabin or trailer that isn't going to use the whole thing and has a bed availible? I'll chip in on your rental costs. He is coming down on Thursday. He's a great guy and former cop. He would only need to use it for sleeping. If you have something availible please let me know.

Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aren't you going to rent a cabin for TB this year? Your Dad could share with her.

:)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon everyone,

Looks like we will have some new members joining us this year at the Rally, a big welcome to the Rally attendees. We all look forward to meeting everyone.

A quick update: We will be opening the SWAP meet thread on Saturday this week. Get your listing of items you are looking to purchase, trade or sell. This will be a new thread and dedicated to buying/selling/trading items at the Rally.

We are now 78 days out and counting!!

Count Swiss

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So has anyone spoken to neilhendrix? Is he coming this year? No joke, we've got to get him to show up, he's going to flip out when he see how much it's grown.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Fellow SSers is there a newbies guide for the Rally? Several of us up here in North Alabama / South Tennessee are interested in attending. I have read the older posts. Things to bring, stuff to do, spots that need help, etc. this would be the first rally for any of us.
I usually leave Wednesday morning in time to go through Hotlanta after morning traffic but before afternoon traffic. I you want to meet me in Alabama onI-20 and convoy over just let me know.
Unless I score a 5 ton tractor or another M915 I'll be pulling the van trailer behind the M927 using a tow dolly. It worked well last year but I have to have room to maneuver so I ask that no one park to the right of the Aid Station and where the MKT will be set up. That is the easiest spot for me to get into since there is no backing that rig up.
There was a question about dogs/pets so let me put this out there. We are asking that you do not bring pets into the MKT/dining tent area. This is a sanitation issue, not an issue of not liking critters. I know a lot of folks consider their pets to be their children and that is fair. We just ask that you do not bring them to where food is being prepared or consumed.
If you are attending the rally on a tight budget see me or Mike and we will be happy to let you work at the MKT in return for your meals. No one goes hungry at the GA Rally. Mike and I use the money from the MKT to make things better for the next rally. This year we will have a much better dining area and hopefully more tables and chairs so folks can sit, eat and fellowship.Several folks bring stuff for us to serve/use in the preparation of meals. Anything you want to bring and donate will be used and appreciated. I had two hogs killed this year and will be adding smoked link sausage to the breakfast menu.
I will have the T-shirt concession again this year. I go to great pains and expense to buy quality American made shirts from a great vendor. I have to bear this expense up front and hope I can recoup my investment. To that end I ask that no other vendor sell t-shirts so that I can continue to support the rally with good quality shirts.
This year I will not order as many as I did last year since I ended up with over 40 left, get them while they are hot. I will order more "bigboy" sizes since most of my leftovers were small and medium. Clinto will be posting the Official GA Rally T-shirt thread and I'll post a picture of what they will look like. I’ll also try to get an idea of how many Smalls I need to order for the kids. I will prob not do mail order until after the rally is over this year. It takes a lot of time to do the mail out and I may be back in school for the fall semester.
I’m proud to be a part of this rally and will continue to try to make it better every year.

Last edited:

michigandon

So has anyone spoken to neilhendrix? Is he coming this year? No joke, we've got to get him to show up, he's going to flip out when he see how much it's grown.
He's had his truck and trailer up for sale on Facebook as well as the local paper up in Reidsville. Not sure what's up with him.

He made an appearance​ in Denton for a few hours this spring.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
So 3 early birds so far for sat /sun . There is a reason im asking. Im trying to put together a meal for sat night or sun night.

AMGeneral

When I talked to him at Denton, he said he was getting too old to drive the big truck and that he needed something smaller like a jeep.
I talked to neil earlier,I offered to drive his deuce and trailer from the NC/SC line to GA and back to same,especially since his route passes within 1 hr of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.