• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODDBALL007

Re: Official 2013 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

A quick update: We will be opening the SWAP meet thread on Saturday this week. Get your listing of items you are looking to purchase, trade or sell. This will be a new thread and dedicated to buying/selling/trading items at the Rally.
The above was written on 7-24-2013..
Wheres the thread???

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life did get in the way of starting the swap meet thread. Give me 24 hours on this and we can start the action!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I helped Neil list his truck and trailer on Ebay. I hope to get him one way or another (I still have several rolls of 300mph tape around here somewhere. Maybe get Amanda to let me borrow her pink cuffs for him)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We also need to think about a CRANETRUCK (BJORN) snatch operation, he is one of the SS original members that has contributed so much to STEEL SOLDIERS and that is close enough to the GAR to attend, it is just UNACCEPTABLE that we CANNOT get him to the rally, if we can get Mr. G from some where way souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth of the border to attend the rally, there has to be a way to get BJORN who is only a hop, skip, and a jump north of us.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We also need to think about a CRANETRUCK (BJORN) snatch operation, he is one of the SS original members that has contributed so much to STEEL SOLDIERS and that is close enough to the GAR to attend, it is just UNACCEPTABLE that we CANNOT get him to the rally, if we can get Mr. G from some where way souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth of the border to attend the rally, there has to be a way to get BJORN who is only a hop, skip, and a jump north of us.
I hear you brother.

Edit: Since retiring a few years ago, my budget for the xm757 has shrunk substantially and is in the neighborhood of $50/month and that includes fuel. The truck is driven 10-15 miles a week now and the tires are my biggest concern and limit my range of operation. As things stands now, I couldn't even change a tire on my own if something happened while on the road. So, spare tire handling is another project.
Ron, I appreciate what you are saying, but wouldn't consider going to a rally without the 8x8.

Last edited:

zout

Going to be taking a pass on the Ga Rally this year.

Truck may or not be titled by then and I will not be driving it on a BOS and then not be able to title it later - if it does that will be great - if they will not title it - it will get sold. I have little ambition to bust away on it with it all in limbo.

Several other projects in the works that I am not going to be busting nuts on to finish them up along with getting the 909 ready - I just want to finish this stuff right as I go along.

Canceled the RV camping area in the old area.

Ma and I will work out using our vacations times camping elsewhere if it works out and hopefully be able to get the kids out along with us.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Going to be taking a pass on the Ga Rally this year.
Truck may or not be titled by then and I will not be driving it on a BOS and then not be able to title it later - if it does that will be great - if they will not title it - it will get sold. I have little ambition to bust away on it with it all in limbo.
Several other projects in the works that I am not going to be busting nuts on to finish them up along with getting the 909 ready - I just want to finish this stuff right as I go along.
Canceled the RV camping area in the old area.
Ma and I will work out using our vacations times camping elsewhere if it works out and hopefully be able to get the kids out along with us.
Commander you've just had too much going on lately and some setbacks that would kill a lesser mortal. I feel responsible for egging you on to buy that M923 and I still think it was a good idea...that's why I bought the M934 right behind you.

Your truck and mine will be titled and tagged in Georgia or there will be more hedoublel raised than anyone can imagine. I know some folks in low places that know peeps to call who know folks that can get stuff done...don't sweat it Brother.

Now, you KNOW the CAMO Crew works on a tight time schedule when we get rolling so PLEASE don't make us swing NW on a "snatch mission" before we swing NE to the rally.aua

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya know, we could put the 909 in the back of the 814, and haul you to the rally. You have to come, you have to light the fire..................

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, even if your title hasn't been issued yet, you can get a temporary tag from the DMV. I believe they are still free in Georgia. This won't impact your title application. You really need to come to the rally!

Status
Not open for further replies.