• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I jumped in here only to make this perfectly clear. Since Jan this year I expected to be out of a job at 61 - it lingers on and delayed and held just like the military - wait. Within the next couple weeks something is bound to happen and I need to be ready - even if its living out of the M909 - laugh all you want but many folks are close to this or worse off with NO place to live. NO I do not want to broadcast issues here as we all have them. Ray my friend stated it perfectly - I have nothing to do if you come to the rally or not and who comes should have no meaning what so ever for showing or not - if you can get your arse there I highly recommend it - it will be YOUR loss if you hold back for BS reasons. Nothing on this site has had any decision making and I handle each situation on its own merit. But I have lots to do and get done and other issues I just care not to share nor will. If we can show we will - if we cannot its just no big deal - get to the rally and you will have more fun than you can imagine. I am outta here for a while but this needed to be stated on my part.

Jimma

Im getting excited. My daughter came for a day last year and loved it, she will be there the whole time this year and is counting the days.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I jumped in here only to make this perfectly clear. Since Jan this year I expected to be out of a job at 61 - it lingers on and delayed and held just like the military - wait. Within the next couple weeks something is bound to happen and I need to be ready - even if its living out of the M909 - laugh all you want but many folks are close to this or worse off with NO place to live. NO I do not want to broadcast issues here as we all have them. Ray my friend stated it perfectly - I have nothing to do if you come to the rally or not and who comes should have no meaning what so ever for showing or not - if you can get your arse there I highly recommend it - it will be YOUR loss if you hold back for BS reasons. Nothing on this site has had any decision making and I handle each situation on its own merit. But I have lots to do and get done and other issues I just care not to share nor will. If we can show we will - if we cannot its just no big deal - get to the rally and you will have more fun than you can imagine. I am outta here for a while but this needed to be stated on my part.
I feel for ya Brother and you know I have your back any way I can and will never take anyone's situation lightly.BUT:

If you have to live in the M909, we can just swap all your stuff to my M934 and you will have alot more room. PLUS, I have a secret supply of good fuel so that's covered.:D
We can scout around and capture some woodland critters for food or possibly BBQ Wreckerman's rodents so that's covered.:D

Yes...we will be at the GA Rally whether you and Zout-2 come or not...but we WON'T enjoy it as much Bro!aua
:papabear:

jw4x4

Dammit Man!!! Looks like the GA Rally may be cancelled if Zout don't come around quick!!!aua
Cancel, schmancel. I seriously doubt that anyone could cancel this rally. Worse case scenario, if for some unforeseen reason Steel Soldiers dis-associated themselves from the event, hordes of MV enthusiasts would convene anyway. I know I would. What I would really like to see is for the appearance of Neil and Bjorn. It is better to show up without an MV than to not show up at all. I hope that everyone is able to sort out their issues and make it to Durhamtown for the festivities.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy has to show up. He has one of the upper berths for my ambulance and my laptop from hades.
Hopefully he'll be able to send some stuff down via DH, since he picked up a couple of things for me and DH recently and I'm sure Eric wants to see his new toy as much as I want to see mine. A laptop should be nothing as long as it's on top, not under or between our treasures.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There may be three of us coming down from Ohio so I'm sure at least one will have room for stuff destined for GA.

irishvin

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone from the New England area is going down. I would like to hook up with a convoy going down. Let me know so we can set up a meeting place. My wife and I are planning on hopefully coming down in two M1009's with a couple of friends.We plan on leaving on the 9th of October and getting there maybe on the 10th or early morning on the 11th. That depends on whether or not we get a convoy together, though. Let me know, please!
- Thanks
P.S. We're really excited to go!!!:razz:!!!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone from the New England area is going down. I would like to hook up with a convoy going down. Let me know so we can set up a meeting place. My wife and I are planning on hopefully coming down in two M1009's with a couple of friends.We plan on leaving on the 9th of October and getting there maybe on the 10th or early morning on the 11th. That depends on whether or not we get a convoy together, though. Let me know, please!
- Thanks
Great! I promise you guys will have a great time. We've worked very hard to build a world class rally.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone,
- Thanks
If the New Englander Contingent of the SS is headed down to Georgia, there may need to be some Bi-Lingual Signage on the Latrine....

Boston Signage.jpg

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I will bring my Northern to Southern phrase book, so that our northern friends can be understood.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There may be three of us coming down from Ohio so I'm sure at least one will have room for stuff destined for GA.
Steve,

Who is planning on going. I'm probably gonna make it this year as well. We need to talk Kip into going. Get in touch with me beforehand so we can make plans for camping arrangements.

So long as you don't force them to eat grits.........
I'm not so sure about folks what have to be forced to eat grits!!! 'Specially PopPop's stone ground grits!!!

I've had what the northerners call grits....they ain't grits. They don't even compare to Poppops grits. I, for one, think that are fantastic (and that's a pure bred yankee saying that).

Cheese grits is a done deal! You can add your own butter to the tad we put in.
Sounds like a plan to me Mike....count me in for some!!!

mdmorganwife

Holy cow!!! Time has flown. We need to get cracking on the new camper, haven't done anything yet (time to panic.) I called today trying to get a water/power hookup site for the bomber area and they said they were already taken. So put our names down in case of any cancellations.... No worries though, we should have the solar hooked up. May just have to borrow water from someones facet. Can't wait..... I think we will be up there the late on the 6th or early on the 7th.

jw4x4

Steve,

Who is planning on going. I'm probably gonna make it this year as well. We need to talk Kip into going. Get in touch with me beforehand so we can make plans for camping arrangements.

I plan on going. I think Kip has a tool box for MWMules that I can deliver, along with the litter berth and laptop for Recovry4x4.

Status
Not open for further replies.