• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You guys are not only extremely generous, you're rather hilarious! I am going to have to take a notebook to ensure I get everything straight!
kenm35a2, it is much appreciated and I will probably take any and every offer that arises. I feel as though it is quite the decision to decide between a deuce and a 5ton.
Thanks again,-T
Pick a 5ton or you'll always be sorry.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swore off 5 tons many years ago. I keep a 5 ton brake drum in the yard. Everytime I feel the need for a 5 ton, I go drag that drum across the yard. The desire goes away. Papabear has a Troy to move drums.

wyorunner

I swore off 5 tons many years ago. I keep a 5 ton brake drum in the yard. Everytime I feel the need for a 5 ton, I go drag that drum across the yard. The desire goes away. Papabear has a Troy to move drums.
This makes me chuckle. If I go thus route I'll be sure to just use the 4runner winch to drag it from point A to point B.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This makes me chuckle. If I go thus route I'll be sure to just use the 4runner winch to drag it from point A to point B.
4runner won't lift the drum off the spindle and into the parts washer.

wyorunner

4runner won't lift the drum off the spindle and into the parts washer.
This would mean there is a need for on/in the ground parts washers? There has to be an engineer on here somewhere that could make loads off that... Right... We all spend money on the rigs and not the tools. How much does this drum weigh, do I need a gantry or engine hoist to make it comfortable? I understand their big but dang, y'all make em seem like coal mine dump truck big.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go Big or go home............The real reason I purchased a 5 ton? Power steering.

Plus the fact that I can fit every thing I need at the Ga rally in the back, and still have enough room to haul a M37 back there.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, due to circumstanced beyond my control, I will not be able to attend the rally this year. Work has picked up greatly and my list of chores that MUST be done at home seems to be growing exponentially. Maybe I'll be able to attend next years event. I was really hoping to make it so I could see how the road oiler would make the trip with the new overdrive transmission. I hope everybody has a wonderful and safe rally and someone please drink a beer for me.
Tom, that's a total bummer! Why not try to come down for only 1 or 2 days?

wyorunner

Go Big or go home............The real reason I purchased a 5 ton? Power steering.

Plus the fact that I can fit every thing I need at the Ga rally in the back, and still have enough room to haul a M37 back there.
I was talking to wifey and asked her power steering or no power steering. She said something along the lines of I don't think I could drive a five speed without power steering. It's looking more like a five ton each day. Now an 814 should hold my entire household goods for moving! Look forward to seeing it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We really need to get some pics of that truck besides JW4x4s Trucktor with it's 9' dropside bed.

poppop

wyorunner, your 5 foot 4 Wife will probably need the power steering if she is a normal Woman. If you come to the Rally you will see member mdmorganwife driving her own Duece. She is slender and does not look like someone that can handle a duece but she will put most men to shame. Mahala can handle the truck and will attempt feats that make me quake in my boots. She proved to me a couple years ago that you cannot tip a duece over backwards. She charged that almost vertical hill at least 15 times. never made it up but not because she did not try.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
wyorunner, your 5 foot 4 Wife will probably need the power steering if she is a normal Woman. If you come to the Rally you will see member mdmorganwife driving her own Duece. She is slender and does not look like someone that can handle a duece but she will put most men to shame. Mahala can handle the truck and will attempt feats that make me quake in my boots. She proved to me a couple years ago that you cannot tip a duece over backwards. She charged that almost vertical hill at least 15 times. never made it up but not because she did not try.
I like to think it's cause she had a good teacher:driver:. (But really, she's just that good!)

Status
Not open for further replies.