• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyorunner

wyorunner, your 5 foot 4 Wife will probably need the power steering if she is a normal Woman. If you come to the Rally you will see member mdmorganwife driving her own Duece. She is slender and does not look like someone that can handle a duece but she will put most men to shame. Mahala can handle the truck and will attempt feats that make me quake in my boots. She proved to me a couple years ago that you cannot tip a duece over backwards. She charged that almost vertical hill at least 15 times. never made it up but not because she did not try.
What is interesting about my spitfire of a wife, is that she is not afraid to drive anything, even if it is extremely difficult. Our Duramax is technically her truck, while it is little compared to a deuce and a 5ton, she owns that truck. Just as I imagine what ever she gets behind after we buy one will happen. It is amazing the will power and determination that petite women often have.

mdmorgan and mdmorganwife, that is awesome! You two be at the rally? I do not recall seeing a no go for you guys, but 49 pages is a lot to remember.

Turner

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
wyorunner, your 5 foot 4 Wife will probably need the power steering if she is a normal Woman. If you come to the Rally you will see member mdmorganwife driving her own Duece.
When I was at Fort Benning I was a Drivers Trainer/Road Tester. One of the other sections sent me a little gal (the Army gave her a waiver on her height) that prob weighed 95 pounds soaking wet. Her section had trained her so naturally I had to unteach her all the bad habits they normally taught Soldiers (I thought).
She did her pre-trip and hopped up in the drivers seat (her section had provided a deuce with blocks on the pedals). The first thing she did was drop the deuce into Low Range and asked me which way. I had three routes I normally used for testing so I directed her to the most difficult one (usually reserved for know-it-alls that you couldn't tell anything to). After going through the urban part we headed out to the country. She could split shift like a seasoned driver and easily made road speed. We then hit the tank trail that had the hill from ell on it. She downshifted all the way down into low range (something I rarely did) and never came close to stalling the truck. We went back the the warehose district and she did an ally dock, blindside back and manuvered through some tight streets. She never had a bit of trouble steering since she was in Low Range when she did manuvering. We got back to the Motor Pool and I issued her license but I had to ask were she learned to drive like that. She was a Nebraska farm girl and told me she had been driving grain trucks since she was seven years old. Her section gave her her own deuce and woe be unto anybody that mis-treated it. I remember her telling me that one day she would own a duece and I thought to myself "what idiot would want to own a deuce".auaaua Choose your words carfully in case you have to eat them.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$20 a day for the next 27 days will net you $540 to get you to the rally. Only 27 days left until the official start of the rally. 22 days for a few others. Time is of the essence.

zout

I have been going to the QT around the corner from here at work and put on my ugly cloths during breaks and lunch hour now so I think I can achieve that collection of $20 per day when all is said and done. Hard to rememebr the folks ya hit up the day before tho when your an ole fart.:razz:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have been going to the QT around the corner from here at work and put on my ugly cloths during breaks and lunch hour now so I think I can achieve that collection of $20 per day when all is said and done. Hard to rememebr the folks ya hit up the day before tho when your an ole fart.:razz:
I'm not doing so well mugging the school kids for their lunch money this year either!! Most of them lil rascals are armed with tasers or weapons these days!

Heck, one lil 8yr old girl had me dancing like a puppet for about 2 minutes with her taser, then she robbed me!!:-|

Oh well...I've still got a few days to work sumpin out.:papabear:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not so many large bills in the collection basket at church. It is tough pulling out a handful of $1 bills without anyone noticing but life it tough. :cry:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mahala's front end(her deuce's) has more air time than some air force jets.

I stole some of momma's scrap book money for the rally. Problem is that she caught me. The cast comes off the wrist 2 days before the rally, thank god.

Can't wait- The "Long Easy" is about 50% PMed, and I have already started collecting stuff to load.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
VA Counselor: You say you want to have your VA pension upped due to a Service Conneted Disibility? Can you give me some details?
Me: Yes. The dreaded Green Iron Addiction. I'm addicted to military vehicles. They consume most of my time and all of my money. I got hooked on them when I was in the Army and it's only getting worse. I eat, sleep, dream MV's. I hangout with my fellow addicts. We have a support group, not to quit but to help us get more. We lure other unsuspecting people into our green **** and sell them stuff to support our habits. We pimp our trucks out for all kind of occasions. There is no cure, only the next fix.
VA Counselor: Get out of my office.

Whiterabbit

$20 a day for the next 27 days will net you $540 to get you to the rally. Only 27 days left until the official start of the rally. 22 days for a few others. Time is of the essence.
You can only sell blood so many time a day!
I tried raising money by pimping myself out. So far I've made $1.58 and I'm scared for life! :gimp2:

zout

I can tell you a story at the fire about giving blood twice in one day to take a gal out on a date back in HS years - I also had to resort to checking at the base of the drive up pay phone booths to check for loose change folks were too lazy to open their car doors for to pick up - what a treasure trove at one of them today .65 whole cents.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VA Counselor: You say you want to have your VA pension upped due to a Service Conneted Disibility? Can you give me some details?
Me: Yes. The dreaded Green Iron Addiction. I'm addicted to military vehicles. They consume most of my time and all of my money. I got hooked on them when I was in the Army and it's only getting worse. I eat, sleep, dream MV's. I hangout with my fellow addicts. We have a support group, not to quit but to help us get more. We lure other unsuspecting people into our green **** and sell them stuff to support our habits. We pimp our trucks out for all kind of occasions. There is no cure, only the next fix.
VA Counselor: Get out of my office.
Wouldn't this belong in the JOKE OF THE DAY thread over on the VACOUNSELOR.COM website????

Spicy

I'm not doing so well mugging the school kids for their lunch money this year either!! Most of them lil rascals are armed with tasers or weapons these days!

Heck, one lil 8yr old girl had me dancing like a puppet for about 2 minutes with her taser, then she robbed me!!:-|

Oh well...I've still got a few days to work sumpin out.:papabear:
We are not doing so well our selves. I put Streamline on the corner of Hooker street and Easy lane for 10 days. He brought home a whole 5.00 dollars. That was given to him by a guy wearing fish nets socking. Im thinking we might need to change methods.
:doghead:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are not doing so well our selves. I put Streamline on the corner of Hooker street and Easy lane for 10 days. He brought home a whole 5.00 dollars. That was given to him by a guy wearing fish nets socking. Im thinking we might need to change methods.
:doghead:
Ha...Ha thats so funny :mrgreen: Actually it was not like that................................... He was wearing woodland camo!..:doghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.