• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNT

Nice wood. Some of that would be good for the small fires throughout the campsites.
That's my plan. It's way more wood than I'll use for my camp. I had planned to be there 6-7 days, but I'll only be able to make it from Thursday to Sunday.

The wood is mostly aged oak but I threw a few pieces of poplar on there for getting fires started.

There's enough to share for sure.

100acre

For the past few weeks I didn't know if I was gonna be able to bring down my GREEN PING MACHINE, but I spent seven hours today with a National Guardsman mechanic fixing all of her issues. :driver:It were awesome! He wouldn't let me take any Pix of the yard toys though.:-?

jw4x4

Poor golf cart is going to get a nose bleed! Thanks again Rick, owe you huge.
I hope you didn't leave the key in it and scanner boxes on the seat :whistle:.
I like how the M1061A1 has those handy stabilizer legs for hauling trailers on trailers under Workhorses.

rbeasley66

"I like how the M1061A1 has those handy stabilizer legs for hauling trailers on trailers under Workhorses."

Just winched it on, leg leveled it, and then chained her down, rode good on the way home today.
Those legs really help hauling a big trailer like that.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you didn't leave the key in it and scanner boxes on the seat :whistle:.
I like how the M1061A1 has those handy stabilizer legs for hauling trailers on trailers under Workhorses.
The key is in it but off at this time. No scanner boxes on the seats and there are 2 (two) extra drive belts stashed on the machine.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and Gentleman the clock is ticking and excitement building. All systems are a go for the 2013 Georgia Rally. A small recon team was out at Durhamtown on Saturday working on final details and everything looked great. With all the rain the field is green with grass and the whole area is mowed and awaiting our arrival. The trails are wet and we explored some new areas to play in the woods. Stay tuned as we post more last minute details.

We have a few changes that everyone needs to be aware of coming into the Rally this year. The main field will be reserved for the swap meet and the reserved camping ares. The main camp area is now moved into the wooded area as outlined in the map below.

Map 1: Overall Layout- Shows the overall layout of the Rally for 2013. Please note the entrance from Randolph Church and the registration area on the right once you turn in to Durhamtown. When you arrive please stop by registration to get your name tag and information packet.

Map 2: Swap Meet Area-Shows the layout detail for the swap meet. The legend is below:
1.) Green: This area is available for swap meet vendors to setup. Please note the firepit will be in front of the MKT and is show as the star on the map so be aware that these are not small fires and plan accordingly.

2.) Black: Roads and access. When setting up please note the general location of the roads. We need safe access and travel areas within the swap meet area. Please pay attention when setting up that you keep 20 foot wide road areas open as noted by the map. This will help everyone move safely around and provide access for loading and unloading. Vendors that setup in the roadway will be asked to move.

3.) Yellow: Yellow designates reserved camping spots that individuals have paid for and reserved along with key Rally personal such as MKT, Safety, Registration etc. These areas are not available for setting up unless you have registered and paid with Durhamtown.

4.) MKT: Blue designates the Food Area. This is the MKT where meals will be served at the set times.

5.) Red: This is the loading and unloading area for heavy equipment. This area needs to be kept open with an entrance and exit to the road to allow large equipment such as wreckers to safely unload equipment and loading.

6) Stars: This is the main firepit area.

7) Purple: Transport Truck parking parallel to fence. We have a few large truck and trailer assemblies such as a 5 ton and 30 foot trailers, and the Proud American landall. These can be parked along the fence behind the loading area. These trucks may have to come out for recovery so this area needs to be accessible to get a truck out.

Let the countdown begin and GOD SPEED and safe travels for all our attendees.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Going home convoy

We are alll showing up at different days and times so it would be hard to put together a go to convoy, BUT what about a Sunday going home convoy, as members reach there LZ, there just drop out. Swiss, I & compeny will be headed for Oakwood and Gainesville, if interested let me know, I will have the big, loud m819 (unless I wreck which has happened in the past, so in that case forget the above)

This could be fun, long convoys are cool.

zout

Why your talking about going home already when it has not even begun ?????
(I did get them grade 8 bolts today Ron)

You'd probably be shooting straight North out of DT after the rally and we'd be heading straight West on 20.
But a convoy sound great as we'd be in tow of the jeepie anyhow. As long as your headed our way :naner:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YEP, north west, it was suggested that 77/78/129 would be best for us, looking at the map, yep a good suggestion

rmgill

Got my front axle boots done. I have a good tires that aren't bald. Barring not having spare funds for fuel and food, I should be there Thursday!

I'll be bringing my lighting kit and hopefully my down the street Neighbor will be coming too and we can rig lights and my generator for power and light over a few tents. I bought this kit and still have not used it.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I've been away! If they don't get it together tonight I might show up at the rally site tomorrow! Seeing as I'll be off work already...

I don't see a railroad right of way on that map... But I promise my 'project' won't interfer with anything else this year!

Just 4 more days for me! (happy dance)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro,
As soon as they run just a wee bit short of what they think they should have of JP-8, you will find your job has shifted to the "Must Work Anyway" group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks