• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makincold

Thanks!
So last year parking in the now "green" area with my M818 and M105 trailer I felt some level of "security" with the truck and trailer, if for no other reason than it was surrounded by like minded people and with limited access to the "general public".
While I realize (and have no expectation) of "security" from SS, my question would be is the "clay bowl" a general public area or is this entire area of the park devoted to the SS rally and I can expect the same level of "like minded people security" (my MV community is watching my stuff) as the green area I parked in last year?

Great Question Makincold! Thank you for asking. If you look at the layout map you will find that I have updated the map to illustrate the clay bowl that is in the camping area. Most people will have their trucks parked by their campsite in the general camping area, but for overflow and other parking, this area is good for parking. In addition, if this area fills up farther up the road past the clay bowl is a huge parking location.

Link to updated layout map.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=454940&d=1380636817

Link to updated post
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-Info-thread&p=1430377&viewfull=1#post1430377

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!
So last year parking in the now "green" area with my M818 and M105 trailer I felt some level of "security" with the truck and trailer, if for no other reason than it was surrounded by like minded people and with limited access to the "general public".
While I realize (and have no expectation) of "security" from SS, my question would be is the "clay bowl" a general public area or is this entire area of the park devoted to the SS rally and I can expect the same level of "like minded people security" (my MV community is watching my stuff) as the green area I parked in last year?
Manicold that is a valid concern and let me clarify. The major change that we did from last year is to designate the camping and parking to the area behind the main field that is now designated as the swap meet area. If you park in the clay bowl you would be in the heart of the SS camping area this year with like minded MV community people. Last year this area towards the weekend was full of campers, trucks and attendees of the 2012 SS Georgia Rally. While there is public access from the road just the same as swap meet area it is going to be full of attendees for the Rally. You are correct that neither Durhamtown or the organizers of the Rally are responsible for security of personal vehicles and items but you will be surrounded by your fellow hobbiest and friends.

In the swap meet area there will be some camping for those that reserved the designated water and power spots that are in the field. I think most people will enjoy having the camping sites in the woods as it will be cooler in the shade, less dust from the road and quieter at night with the fire back in the main field.

I hope this answers your questions and thanks for asking and bringing up your concerns.

3dAngus

Another clarification, and I apologize if you already made this clear somewhere...
If a person has a ton of junk, errrrr, treasures, to sell and wants to park multiple trailers full of stuff in the vendor area for sale, is he allowed to camp with his equipment/tools/treasures?
Or is he expected to camp in the clay bowl area?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another clarification, and I apologize if you already made this clear somewhere...
If a person has a ton of junk, errrrr, treasures, to sell and wants to park multiple trailers full of stuff in the vendor area for sale, is he allowed to camp with his equipment/tools/treasures?
Or is he expected to camp in the clay bowl area?
If I am selling treasures then I am camping in the swap meet area! Nobody is camping in the clay bowl. They are camping in the woods as noted on the layout I posted yesterday. It is all mowed and nice :)

3dAngus

Thanks Steven. I didn't know what the clay bowl meant, I guess, but this helps clarify things for me.
Can't wait.:jumpin:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clay bowl for clarification is the clay area marked on the map in the general camping area as General Parking in the black text

:)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Camping and Parking: If you are camping in the woods please consider how often you are going to be using your truck. If you are going to setup camp and park the truck for the duration then park your truck next to your campsite. If you are going trail riding every day you may want to park your truck in the "General Parking" area or where it can be easily gotten out and not disturbing other campers.

In summary please use your best judgement and be considerate of others. We are all members of the same "Family" and like any family we may have differences of opinion or views but in the end we all have to live together. AT LEAST FOR A FEW DAYS :)

zout

Clay bowl is where the owner of DT gave us permission to run the jeep and limited use on the 4 wheelers to play around in. Just be aware of what you have in your area and your surroundings at all times - especially unattended with "goodies" laying around.

Only thing I would up seeing evaporate were some cherries

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, wouldn't you know it, I'm classified as essential at the base, so I have to be here at work, even if I won't get paid till its all over. And all leave has been canceled... so they better fix the mess before this Friday!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, wouldn't you know it, I'm classified as essential at the base, so I have to be here at work, even if I won't get paid till its all over. And all leave has been canceled... so they better fix the mess before this Friday!
Am i gonna have to kidnap you? As good as the M814 is, I just don't have room for 2 m37's, a M915 and a M270 trl. You better fix it, as I am buying food for you.

zout

Told ya PB that - that far down was not taken by Mike (#9) its was too far down the line - I remembered having to walk up to at least #6 to eat to survive the day.

The area between the clay pit and the main camping ground is some awesome area and the owner Mike did a fantastic job with his crew last year at the last minute cleaning this all up for the folks arriving - thumbs up there MIKE and crew.
There were many a campers down in the holler and having a grand ole time - the porta-johns were arranged so all had access down there as well and along with sanitized hand cleaning stations there should have been no bitch - cleaning of the johns could have been a little sooner - but they were CLEAN. The DT folks also put ANTI-SNAKE powder in them to keep the copperheads and rattlers out of them from keeping warm during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks