• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandcobra164

I'm likely out for this event. I'm caught up in a government shutdown and won't get paid if I take leave. The boss has ruled that I will go to work and wait for an IOU. If I take a day off or 3, it will be charged KE which mean's Furloughed. I'll go to work instead.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Disclaimer!!!!!This is not a political comment.

I'm likely out for this event. I'm caught up in a government shutdown and won't get paid if I take leave. The boss has ruled that I will go to work and wait for an IOU. If I take a day off or 3, it will be charged KE which mean's Furloughed. I'll go to work instead.
Leave it to the Gooberment to screw up the best MV rally in the country. Politicians (of all stripe) could bugger up a free lunch.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, Ladies and Gentleman - Officers, Enlisted, and self-appointed Grand Poobahz....

It's time to gather 'round, take a knee and have a pre-rally prayer:

Heavenly Father, Omnipotent Commander of All,
We ask for Your oversight and protection, discernment and understanding as many prepare to rally Durhamtown in Your Peach State of Georgia in these blessed United States of America.
We thank You for the freedom to do so; Your provision of funds, fuel, vehicles, and food/vittles; and Your protection from all of the enemy's demons, including and especially Mr. Murphy - Keep troubles at bay and protect these SteelSoldiers, Lord.
We humble ourselves to the faster moving traffic on the highways that will be traveled, remembering that we are all ambassodors of this hobby and are Your children and servants to others. Light our steps and the roadways ahead and smooth the path as only You can.
God, let all that is done present Your Holy Spirit to those with whom we interact - other troops, grounds staff, the public and the LEO's along the way.
May the fun, frolic, and food be plentiful and refreshing for all. May the trails be challenging and yet forgiving. And may any and all required recoveries be successful and safe.
For those of us unable to attend, remind us often of those in Georgia in need of our prayer, their old and heavy machines, and the inherent patriotism carried in all of our hearts. Help us to never forget the price paid by the warriors who operated our Green Iron before it became our hobby toys, and let these operations be a proper rememberance of those who served. Let us never forget that despite it's flaws, this is One Nation Under God; and that if and when called upon each will stand for what is good and right and just in Your eyes above all other loyalty.
Cover these convoys, God, with Your Holy Spirit and shroud them with legions of Your angels.
And, of course, bring them all home safe - maybe a bit exhausted - but refreshed and surely recreated.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

Vaya con Dios!
(Go with God!)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the same boat Joe, and I've made a personal choice to just skip out on it and take the furlough. I'll get 3 days of pay for this week that my fellow workers won't get, so I call it even. Hopefully it is cleared up soon but I've got all my plans in place and really need this for my own mental health (I know I will wear myself out physically, I always do!)

I totally understand you have to do what's right for you and your family. It just sucks that you have to make a decision at all. If you don't make it believe me, you will be missed.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any if you come from ohio to the rally could you possibly bring some stuff I have up that way. 2 hmmwv rear sponsons. Off course I will pay for your trouble. Thanks chuck

BBQROD

I have a small sound system if the people in charge don't mind I could bring it with me for barn fire music or what ever? I have a couple of microphones in case we need to announce anything or if anyone feels the urge to sing along?!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a small sound system if the people in charge don't mind I could bring it with me for barn fire music or what ever? I have a couple of microphones in case we need to announce anything or if anyone feels the urge to sing along?!
I have an ancient military PA system that I bring to the rally for announcements and playing an occasional military bugle call. As a rule we don't have background music playing during the rally.

You are welcome to bring it as a backup system as Murphy is always lurking.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, who's getting pumped for this?

We're half way through this work week. Then the rally next week! I'm thinking about driving my deuce into work Tuesday and bouncing out as soon as I can. It looks like it's only about 2hrs from my office to DT.

I've gotta start packing!

Whiterabbit

FYI.
The camping and clay bowl will be a great place to camp. There are a few obvious trails that cut through it and loop around. Can I say please don't set up camp on the trails. I know it's a "no brainer" but if you arrive in the dead of night you might not realize it.
If I remember right there are a few earthen berms/ramps in that area too that would be great to back something off your truck but keep it clear for others? Recon before you commit!
I enjoyed that area last yr because of the shade trees. Easy to stretch a tarp between them for an awning.
Watch your speed! There was a lot of rug rats playing in the trees. SAFETY!!!!!
I am sooooo looking forward to this! If anyone needs a hand with anything just get hold of me, Frt registration table, toting supplies, etc, etc, the back of my truck is usually empty.
My military radio is up and running too but I think ya'll are using hand held radios.
Now where did I put that tent.................

mdmorganwife

Well, wouldn't you know it, I'm classified as essential at the base, so I have to be here at work, even if I won't get paid till its all over. And all leave has been canceled... so they better fix the mess before this Friday!
We are in the same boat. But they did come back and say that we have a "kitty" and once that is gone then we are put on a furlough and won't beable to use our leave. Not sure how much is in there. But anyway it goes we will still be there Monday. With not knowing if you will get paid might as well be at the Ga Rally ;)

mdmorganwife

Indeed Brandon will be sorely missed

Spoke with Swiss to see what we could do when we got there Fri night Sat morning - and mentioned I had some more yellow safety ribbon to possibly mark off some areas. Would not have any stakes - but could lay some stuff out on the ground to help. I might have the 4 squirrels along to help as well come Sun when they shoot out there.

Whatever we can help with on pre-set up please pm me and I give you my cell or just pm me - I do not want to do anything that is not in your plans (cause I am only an attendee and spectator) but willing to help where we can physically.
We have plenty of caution tape we will be bringing monday

zout

Its just not funny any more:
Rally time is within striking distance. Look at the calender next to my desk - ahhh look at the clock - do not know why cause I just looked at it 30 seconds ago - ahhh lets see again - leave FRIDAY after work - that is ahhhh - two more days - what time is it again ??

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its just not funny any more:
Rally time is within striking distance. Look at the calender next to my desk - ahhh look at the clock - do not know why cause I just looked at it 30 seconds ago - ahhh lets see again - leave FRIDAY after work - that is ahhhh - two more days - what time is it again ??

Take a deep breath Commander Z!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plain and simple, I gots ants in my pants. Finished the fuel run today, everything is topped off. Menu is fixed for the days that the MKT won't be there, and there is a pile of stuff to go into the bed of the "Long Easy". Bout's all I have left to do is pack the food, and pack the clothes. The miles I have to drive every night at work are dragging by, and I just know that the ugly monster will rise up Friday morning, and keep me from getting home at a decent hour.

Oh--- Did I say I can't wait.......................:driver:

Spicy

So I will need someone to look at my truck. He still has not gotten to it. Called him and told I will just pick up today. I guess a pretty face can not get to everything want. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks