• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Multimedia SSGR14 thread

mikeblac

Nephew wanting a splint and sling like TMNT's boy

Yep, he flipped his four wheeler Sunday afternoon - just as we were heading back to the trail head to go home.

Tried to convince me he really needed a splint and sling. He saw TMNT's boy's walking around, and thought that is what he needed. You know - gotta have a story to tell at school.

No! EMT for 9 years - he got a cold pack, some freeze spray and an ace bandage!

If he survives being 13, I will bring him back next year.

HPIM0114.jpg

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So I got these from a friend:

WP_004534.jpgWP_004537.jpgWP_004538.jpgWP_004579.jpgWP_004584.jpgWP_004610.jpgWP_004611.jpgWP_004614.jpgWP_004615.jpg

And, my favorite convertible of all time:

WP_004607.jpg

Smokinyoda

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought of a couple other things:

Much thanks to Butch, Mark and Joe for letting me drive their trucks. Part of the fun of the rally is getting to experience vehicles other than your own and that's a big reason why I let all my friends drive the mule and the Jeep.

Thanks to Swiss and Gimpy for much late-night hilarity.

Whose crew cab is that? It's very well proportioned.
Reckless'. I won't spoil any of the details because I don't know if he's going to do a build thread, but his truck is awesome. The closer you look at it, the more details you see.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it Kenny, I want a drone now.

As evidenced by the one video I posted, they are good for astronomy too! I wish I had the equipment to at least add music to them, I have a few more that need to be posted. Robo has copies of all of them. Is there anyplace I can dump (upload) the convoy shot?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um.. upload to youtube?

I am pretty amazed really. Must have been the lack of wifi, or everyone having a good time, but in previous years we would have had many more pages by now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um.. upload to youtube?

I am pretty amazed really. Must have been the lack of wifi, or everyone having a good time, but in previous years we would have had many more pages by now.
They are 100% soundless. Would be nice if they had at least something to listen to.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be some editing software for video for free. Plenty of generic songs to use fre online.

Or you can open another tab, and watch a video from a previous convoy. Sure, the dueces might sound like 5 tons, and the 5 tons like cucvs, but some will have the right sound for the feel of it. Getting the timing down might take some trial and error. Otherwise you will get engine sounds when the bed goes by.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As evidenced by the one video I posted, they are good for astronomy too! I wish I had the equipment to at least add music to them, I have a few more that need to be posted. Robo has copies of all of them. Is there anyplace I can dump (upload) the convoy shot?
Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are!

ke5eua

Ha ha, had to pause it just to make sure but is that a...

Funny.jpg

OD green golf cart, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks