• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Multimedia SSGR14 thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Pat has a trail truck now. Break out the hackzall, lets trim that low hanging junk out of the way and hack off most of the fenders.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose it is going to take a while to get all the footage together and built into a video of the Hardball convoy in motion?
Finally stealing a few minute to go through the media thread for the first time. I have a lot of video footage and probably around 800 or more pics, so give me some time to go through it and post the best pics. Maybe posting an album as well at a different location, have to figure that out. All pics are on my portable drive which I left in our smithy, so not even a single pic now.

Should be some editing software for video for free. Plenty of generic songs to use fre online.

Or you can open another tab, and watch a video from a previous convoy. Sure, the dueces might sound like 5 tons, and the 5 tons like cucvs, but some will have the right sound for the feel of it. Getting the timing down might take some trial and error. Otherwise you will get engine sounds when the bed goes by.
I have Premiere Pro CS6 full pro video editing software (even if I am not a pro). If Kenny will give a hint at the music he likes I can splice in some background sounds of trucks at the proper time, put some comment over that and a background sound around it. But again folks, that will take time.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything is better than total silence Robert. Would there be any advantage to running an audio recorder at the location of the video taken by the copter? I suppose I can do that next year.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything is better than total silence Robert. Would there be any advantage to running an audio recorder at the location of the video taken by the copter? I suppose I can do that next year.
What we could have tried is binding my digital directional dictaphone to your camera. Only problem is, unless you are low enough to get any sound, it will not help much. And I doubt that the drone-camera connection will be happy with hanging a dictaphone - probably bigger than the camera - onto it.

Like you suggested, being able to follow the camera shots from the ground and go over to the spot you are aiming at with the golf cart and put the dictaphone or any other recording device there could work but would need a lot of coordination and preparation. Worth a try though in the early days of the next rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know it won't work on the higher altitude flights but the perhaps it could on the convoy which I was only about 25'. Heck, I can hang a gopro from the bird but mic only picks up rotor and motor whine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the equipment is still packed away. Once I have it out and can get everything connected I'll start posting raw on youtube. I'm able to do these grabs from the few vids on my phone.

stanky johanson

Hey man, puff just wanted a beer! lol

And when ypu see your laptop float past your feet the only though i had was to abort and back out as fast a possible. I only drained two gallons of water out of the diffs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks