• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Multimedia SSGR14 thread

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RIP Tigger

Finally got all 849 pics from my nikon lined up and now starting to go through them. Thought that without waiting I should post these. I hope the moderators will not give me an infraction for double posting.

2014 GA Rally_531_resize.jpg . 2014 GA Rally_524_resize.jpg . 2014 GA Rally_529_resize.jpg . 2014 GA Rally_527_resize.jpg

The T-shirt says it all

DSC_0035_resize.JPG

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, so we have compiled the attendance information from the registration tent and we need to revise down the attendance figures. Initially we believed the count for powered vehicles was 136, but some civilian vehicles (Honda Civic? rofl) were counted.

Once swbradley1 had time to go over the sheets, he found the errors and corrected them.

The new attendance count for 2014 is 130 powered military vehicles and 3 shelters, 36 military trailers and 2 MKTs.

So a total military equipment (trucks and trailers) count of 171 units! :goodjob:

We grew right at 20% in one year-the 2013 count was 109 and this year was 130, that's right at 20%. Very few events in this world can grow 20% in one year, especially in the awful economy we've had since 2008.

Here is breakdown of the powered vehicles. As is traditionally the case with Steel Soldiers, we trend heavily towards the 6x6 2.5/5 ton trucks and CUCV's.

This was the year of the Jeep and the M939 series-a lot more Jeeps than we've traditionally had and a lot of growth in the 939's, which is to be expected with the flood of them in the last couple of years. Deuce attendance was the strongest at 40 trucks.

We appreciate everyone coming to hang out with us, we hope you all had a great time and we hope to see you all next year. You all took part in one of the biggest rallies in the entire Country and we can make that claim all because so many people drove a loooong way to come be with us.

We (rally mgmt.) are currently going over all the data from the 2014 event and working on improvements for the 2015 event.

Attendance breakdown.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That attendance chart is impressive!

As for the Honda Civic, please at least tell me it was OD green?
I think what happened was this:

Traditionally, we counted vehicles as a way of measuring rally attendance. But this year, we decided to try and capture some additional data so we could better understand the rally and how to make it better. One of the pieces of data we decided to capture was the amount of money attendees were spending at D-town.

So what this meant was on the sign-in sheets, people who attended and spent money at D-town but who came in their civilian vehicle were included on the sheet. And in the mad rush of the rally, it was difficult to manage the sign-in sheets 100% accurately.

Next year, we're going to change up the layout of the sheets to avoid this.

Was this the first year for fmtv's as well?
As far as privately owned MTV's, I believe so. We did have a guard unit bring one a few years ago as a PR thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks