• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2015 Georgia Rally Radio Communications Thread

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about that shortly after I posted it.

When is Dayton, I'm up north right now and might try to get a load headed that way.
The planets align and serve to shaft anyone wanting to go to Findlay and the Hamvention again this year. Both May 15-17th. :-(

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The planets align and serve to shaft anyone wanting to go to Findlay and the Hamvention again this year. Both May 15-17th. :-(
And it is the Cass railfan weekend. Three activities that I like, all on the same weekend.

Just as a note, I did not have any trouble talking with Steve at the compound, using a icon mobile rig at 25 watts on a 1/4wave antenna, from anywheres on Durhamtown, using simplex.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I was going to mention that JP. You did well with that little mag mount I loaned you on the M37 coupled with your radio. I usually ran about 25W back at the base tent off my makeshift "tower".

ke5eua

Alright so since the ford decided to die on me starting next week I'm going full force into the 818 to get it fully mission ready for the rally. Just have to do a bearing job on the 750 trailer but I have a lot of ideas for the truck I want to get done.

In the truck I have hf and dstar. I'm going to be on the lookout for a good repeater on fleabay to put in the trailer.

Wife has already given me the green light to go so it's happening this year.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rally info thread hasn't been published but will soon. Working on it now.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are some big changes (good ones) for the 2015 event and we're trying to get them all in place before putting up the thread. It's getting tough.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Last edited by a moderator:

ke5eua

Official 2015 SS Georgia Rally Radio Communications Thread

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...=1#post1647857

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...=1#post1645704

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...=1#post1628941

Oct. 7-11, 2015

It is the 2nd weekend in October for 2015. I can't guarantee it won't get pushed back for 2016. We have no choice for 2015 but 2016 depends upon this years weather. If it's near 90°, it moves in 2016.
Search is overrated, I'll just ask the same question 490 times.

Ill call d-town and reserve my cabin now since I still have a credit from last year.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys if I could suggest 60 meter channel 3, 5.357 USB. Anybody with HF privileges (general and up) can use this frequency. Most modern civilian rigs made in the past 5-10 years can access this frequency. This frequency is used a military events in the north east area often. Every HF military radio i can think of can hit this frequency. Just keep the power under 100 watts PEP