• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Georgia Rally Multimedia GMVR16 Thread

The Stig

Thanks for the vid!

That's pretty slick, all those features on the camera: Compass direction, "Roll/ Pitch/ Grade". Couldn't figure out the feature on the vertical to the left of the screen; what's that?
That was altitude I wished it had a label. You can do either Altitude or Elevation.

The Stig

Hi

Enjoyed the video, nothing like playing with MVs in woods. What did you shot the video with and what is the program that gives all the GPS data, makes for interesting video as it helps put the trip in context.

Cheers Phil

Its a Garmin Virb, Basically its their version of a Go Pro but they include GPS information in the stream, G forces, Speed, you name it all from the sensors in the camera like new smart phones. They give you free software to edit your video and put what ever gauges you want based on the data recorded. Very handy.

CMPPhil

Hi Stig

Thanks for the information, will have to look into Garmin Virb.

Having that type of information connected to a video helps put it in context when you look at it later.

Cheers Phil

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow!! What a super time with some super good folks!!:beer::beer: Time flew by so quickly I didn't get a chance to visit with over half the folks. (They probably didn't mind though)rofl

Anyhoo, I took some really poopy pics and here they are in no particular order:

Attachments

Another Ahab

Thank you, Mr. PB; the pics are great. [thumbzup]

Without pics, it's sort of like it didn't happen:

- Poopy, Snoopy, or even Droopy

It doesn't matter; pics are pics!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few more with explanation.
Microjeep leading the way with GLCAINES behind him and me taking pics instead of driving.
Gringeltaube is being fed by SCSG-G4 and the heartbeat of the crew. Gimpyrobb, Steve6x6x6 and G.

Gimp and Westy did the trans swap on SCSG-G4s truck and G and Steve picked out the best gearbox and got it reasy for install.

Well, the order of the.pics is out of wack but folks will figure it out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, one more thing before I retire, thanks to all of you who either tolerated or loved on Jackson Browne. He had a great time but is completely tuckered out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks