• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Georgia Rally Multimedia GMVR16 Thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK folks, I apologize for this taking so long. Everything I do with Durhamtown I do via email so that I have a complete, 100% record of what was discussed and sometimes this makes things challenging.

Per D-town's email, official dates for 17GMVR are Oct. 18-22, 2017. I will update my signature line, the (locked) 2016 info thread and I might make a blank 2017 info thread with nothing but the date.

I will also update the Facebook page for the rally, if you are on Facebook and you want to join the rally page, it's here: https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaMilitaryVehicleRally/

I look forward to seeing everyone again.

What's happening with the 2016 hard ball video.
We have a friend who does websites and video production and he does the rally multimedia for us for free. Last year, Dave and I washed and detailed his car in return for his work. So it's hard for me to apply pressure to him to spend a couple days working on something he isn't going to get paid for. But I will gently remind him that we'd like to get it done.

sandcobra164

Kaye's Keep once again for me. Sorry Jimma, I know your Daddy always wants you and Chris to get that cabin one year. If it's any consolation, there'll be plenty to eat just like the last two years. Welder1 likes to cook and we always over-pack when it comes to food.

As for the video, I really need to do some cleaning, prep and painting on my hardtop!!! I knew it had some rust on the front but I've never really looked from the top view. It'll make for a good spring time project along with replacing the inner axle seals and knuckle boots on the front axle.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been on the SteelSoldiers Facebook pages and see nothing on the dates for the 2017 GA Rally, and there has been no update here. Since today is only Jan 26 and Clinto said he would put the dates up by "Friday", he's running out of January, only one Friday left - tomorrow. When people are old and know they are dying, none has ever said, "I wish I worked more or harder". If we don't see the dates soon, there may be some notable absences come the fall, to include the MKT.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been on the SteelSoldiers Facebook pages and see nothing on the dates for the 2017 GA Rally, and there has been no update here. Since today is only Jan 26 and Clinto said he would put the dates up by "Friday", he's running out of January, only one Friday left - tomorrow. When people are old and know they are dying, none has ever said, "I wish I worked more or harder". If we don't see the dates soon, there may be some notable absences come the fall, to include the MKT.
Actually, Clinto did reply:

OK folks, I apologize for this taking so long. Everything I do with Durhamtown I do via email so that I have a complete, 100% record of what was discussed and sometimes this makes things challenging.

Per D-town's email, official dates for 17GMVR are Oct. 18-22, 2017. I will update my signature line, the (locked) 2016 info thread and I might make a blank 2017 info thread with nothing but the date.

I will also update the Facebook page for the rally, if you are on Facebook and you want to join the rally page, it's here: https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaMilitaryVehicleRally/

I look forward to seeing everyone again.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
See post #221 Mike. Not sure who does the facebook page.
I do. At least the Ga. Rally Facebook page. I post on the SS Facebook page but I'm not a mod or anything there (at least I don't think I am rofl).

I get rally Facebook page updates on my phone so answers and posts are responded to very quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks