• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

sandcobra164

Broke my left foot just over 2 weeks ago. I may be a hop along if this thing doesn't heal in time so I'm apologizing in advance if I steal your chair or don't get out of my vehicle to talk to you. I think I'm healing up just fine but until you've lost a tire, you don't notice how much of an inconvenience it is. I'm still coming though, it'd take just a bit more than a temporary injury to keep me away! I'll have my vehicle registration and insurance ready at the registration tent, just may need someone to hand the clipboard with the check in paperwork to me!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooo sand you just don't know what's in store for you.
Do NOT take any risk with that foot. I've broke leg ankle but the foot has been the worst by far .
Broke it in 06 and it is still causing me grieve.
Heal buddy heal heck with everything else

CUCVLOVER

Woohoo I ordered my transmission for my truck today so I will pick up the transmission next weekend and it should be in the truck in a couple days and I can get some miles on it before ga rally. The transmission is coming from monster so it has 3 years no questions asked warranty so I'm gonna see how it does on some hills and rocks at the rally

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

Ooo sand you just don't know what's in store for you.
Do NOT take any risk with that foot. I've broke leg ankle but the foot has been the worst by far .
Broke it in 06 and it is still causing me grieve.
Heal buddy heal heck with everything else
Mr. Ken,
It's coming along pretty good. I have no doubt that breaking a foot is awful, it sucks. I'm thinking of pulling my M1028 NOS USMC Norway stored CUCV just to have a bump around vehicle. I hate the way it sounds going 50 mph down the road so hooking it behind the M923 sounds like a good plan. I'll be traveling up with a friend who has a Deuce on 11's and he likes to run pretty strong. I'm staying in a cabin with some friends so I'll have some help unhooking the towbar when I get there and hooking it back up before I leave. When I posted earlier, I should have said "If I don't get out of the 5 ton, please don't be offended". That's a job in itself at the moment! I promise I will take it easy on my foot. Towing the CUCV is plan B. I hope to be walking without crutches come Rally time.

mikeblac

Due to construction of a new shop, I will not be staying at the rally this year. I have a reservation for WolfDen 4, if anyone is interested. I will cancel, and you can reserve it. Call or text me at 901-361-4760, and we can arrange the time for me to cancel with Durhamtown.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always, I will be in the corner at B12. Look for the traveling roadshow sometime Friday the 13th. Come on by and say hello!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there to welcome you to Parkerville.
You mean you aren't there yet? :driver: Well when you get there Friday morning can you lay out the 2017 Parkerville town limits? Lol.

I know I offered to have a dump truck load of wood ther on Wed but my driver can no longer make it. So unless someone in the SC area is coming down and doesn't mind driving a 817, it won't be there.

CUCVLOVER

You mean you aren't there yet? :driver: Well when you get there Friday morning can you lay out the 2017 Parkerville town limits? Lol.

I know I offered to have a dump truck load of wood ther on Wed but my driver can no longer make it. So unless someone in the SC area is coming down and doesn't mind driving a 817, it won't be there.
You want firewood just holler whenever I'm around the feild. the green machine hauled in a couple loads off the trails for the fire pit last year and it is up to the task again this year.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Trailer hooked up, start loading tomorrow, if not knowing me it will be 15 sec. before I need to leave.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
BOTH, what ever you want, but there has to be something, no birthday suits.

99nouns

Question is what does majority prefers? Or is it about equal ofcourse not counting regular visitors. Just the SS members.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's really a jeans and t-shirt kind of event. There are a few people who wear fatigues. but for the most part, I'd call it civilian casual.

See:

2016_Rally (36).jpg2016_Rally (43).jpg2016_Rally (44).jpg2016gagimp.jpg20161022_080710_001.jpgDSCF1055.jpgDSCF1098.jpgIMG_7385.jpg

CUCVLOVER

Hey guys I have a small favor to ask of you. I have a couple American flags that have gotten to the point that need to be laid to rest if you will. I know the proper way is to burn them but I do not know exactly how it is supposed to be done so if someone would mind taking a few minutes to help me with this when I get down there I would really appreciate it because I don't want to do it the wrong way.
Thank you

DanM7890

Hey guys I have a small favor to ask of you. I have a couple American flags that have gotten to the point that need to be laid to rest if you will. I know the proper way is to burn them but I do not know exactly how it is supposed to be done so if someone would mind taking a few minutes to help me with this when I get down there I would really appreciate it because I don't want to do it the wrong way.
Thank you
I'm really happy to see this. I have two that need to be laid to rest as well. When I was younger and in scouts we did this quite frequently helping businesses replace theirs and retired the old one. We did the burning method with a ceremony. You stretch the flag and cut the long way, not cutting the blue stars area then take them and lay them on top of each other and cut in half the short way. This helps the flag burn better as well as separates the stars from the stripes. . Once you cut it, the flag is no longer a "flag". As for the ceremony we talked about where the flag was flown and the background. Once the flag is in ashes, you put out the fire and bury the ashes.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks