• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my flight line van ready to head out this afternoon after hauling in some hay for my wife's horses. 2 miles from home with the last load, the water pump on the van blew out! At least it didn't blow out 5 hours down the road. Used my Massey-Ferguson tractor and have the van and hay home and put up. I'm now working on getting my wife's mini-van :shock: cleaned out of all her detritus, and loading all my valuable stuff in. I'm also getting a small trailer ready and hitched up to the mini-van to haul my motorcycle. Does anyone have a camo net to hide the embarrassing mini-van?

My plans were to be in Wise Co, VA Sunday night and work my way down the Smokies to the Rally on Thursday. I hope to still make the Rally on time, but may loose a day or so of leaf peeping and back road motorcycling along the way. Unless I end up in the hospital, I will be there even if I have to rent a car.:)

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
regretfully i must skip the rally this year due to not being ready,
i've turned my rv spot reservation over to floridianson.
I'm really going to miss being there.
I will see yall next year!

Sent from my samsung-sm-g870a using tapatalk
slacker !!!

LanceRobson

Maybe I missed it in an earlier info post but how far is the nearest place to get a few groceries etc in case I forget to pack something?

And Nancy and I are heading out from a little north of Winston-Salem, NC Wednesday morning. We have space in the cargo trailer if anyone needs something hauled to the rally or from it back through Columbia, SC or Augusta, GA let me know by PM or hunt me down at the rally.

Lance

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I missed it in an earlier info post but how far is the nearest place to get a few groceries etc in case I forget to pack something?

Lance
Dollar General in Union Point
Grocery Store in Union Point
Ingles Market in Greensboro
Liquor Store in Siloam

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I heard from a fellow member that Ron arrived earlier today.

Does anyone have confirmation on this???

Has it started???

I do believe its time.
It started Friday night with ron and John

Could be over by now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That almost sounds to me like a T-case jumping out of gear? Should we start scavenging parts?:wink:
Yes, it likes to jump out of high when I'm shifting from 2 to 3, and will work it's way toward the floor when going up hills. I have two spare TC's but not the time to change anything out. I normally only use low range for backing, so having it 'permanently' in high range till a long range fix is applied 'should work' (famous last words).

Maybe I need to consider selling the MKT setup to someone else, as it seems a higher power is giving me strong hints not to do this and i didn't listen last year. If there are problems next year, I'll probably throw in the towel!

Last edited:

mikeblac

Didnt get any takers on my offer to cancel my reservation for WolfDen 4. And Durhamtown refused to cancel it, on Friday - which was within their window of opportunity to cancel. Oh well. Either way, WolfDen 4 is available. Based on how I was talked to by customer service at Durhamtown, when I tried to cancel - we wont be paying to ride their trails or stay in their cabins again. I've always had great experiences with the whole staff, in the past - but something must have changed.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hate to hear about your experience with them, I also called today to clarify camping primitive is $20 a day for three people per site$5 each additional person we have a special rate a $15 per night just mention the your with the military vehicle rally. Last year they charged me and my buddy each for the site, water under the bridge not complaining. When I called to ask about the specifics to make sure I was correct for this year the girl that answer the phone had no clue about the discount for the military vehicle rally, it seems they never seem to pass the memo around then we all end up paying different things and people get confused and irritated but I have never known them to screw someone over intentionally. Please be patient and respectful when dealing with them it reflects on all of us. Thanks

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO, please don't...! I will fix your TC - if that was the problem!?
I have spare TC's, just need free time to work on this one, esp now that we have a thread on fixing the problem I'm having. The IP was fine when I checked the fluids prior to driving across town to do the full PMCS before the rally, 20 miles later I get five gallons of 'oil' out of the rear drain plug.

I think it is as much the last minute things that are bothering me, as I have not been able to get the critical parts of the food shopping done because the Pantry M109 is not back at the house to plug in the refrigerators - the fridge in the kitchen is full and I don't have anywhere else to put stuff till that truck is fully capable of running. I need to leave first thing Wednesday morning, and it's late Monday morning now. I don't like being rushed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks