• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One of our members was smart enough to PM me his insurance card and this reminded me:

If you're planning on going on the hardball convoy, send me a copy of your non-expired insurance card for the vehicle you plan on taking. You can PM it to me here or on the rally Facebook page.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on the food situation; the Duramtown cafe is open as follows , Monday through Friday 11:00-- 2:00, Saturday, breakfast 8:00-- 10:30 , lunch 11:30--2:00, dinner 5:30 -- 8:00. Sunday, breakfast 8:00-- 10:30 ,Lunch 11:30 -- 2:00. They serve hotdogs, hamburgers, sandwiches, etc. I believe they also have one or more main dishes. On Saturday, Jim Papp of Papp's bar-b-que will be on site serving sandwiches, stew, and plates.

On another situation, as you might know, Duramtown is not going to provide trash pickup, I have been unable to find a local service to pick up at a reasonable price, so it will be done by volunteers on site. We are bringing a number of 55 gal barrels to be placed on the field, please place only trash that is secured in plastic bags in them. If you could find a way of disposing of wet garbage, food ,etc, other than in those cans, those who have to handle it will appreciate it.
Sunday morning we will be picking up the trash and trash drums as well as taking down the mess tent, and will need help. All assistance will be very much appreciated. We are now 12 days and counting, see you there. I will be at 5B

Last edited:

LanceRobson

I just confirmed that there are dumpsters by the Lodge. And despite the DTP web opge stating that there is trash pickup at all RV sites they said that while there would be a trash can at my RV site for my use they would NOT pick the trash up and that it was my responsibility to haul it out to the dumpsters.

Might I suggest that each of us plan on using a carry in-carry out ethic and get rid of our own trash to reduce the unnecessary workload on others?

Best regards to all,

Lance

Last edited:

Welder1

Ok the Albany Ga boys are getting ready for the Rally. We got 3 trucks heading up Thur morning. We will be in our normal place Kay’s Keep. Look for the fire pit. It will be good to get out this year has been tough.

Eddie C
Well our shakedown run yesterday went south. One truck developed a rear main oil leak we have to correct. I guess its best it happened now vs on the road. Nothing but some work we will get it done. Isn't this fun? My fun meter is about pegged out.

Eddie C

LanceRobson

Good morning, All

As of this morning I'm on hold and the odds are pretty good (bad?)I won't be coming. My wife tested positive for Covid on a rapid test this morning and it will be three days before her definitive results come back. I'm off to the VA for test that will also take three days to come back.....

Best regards to all,

Lance

EDIT: Well, I'm not symptomatic of Covid-19 and will not know my status until at least Friday but I have been advised to quarantine for 14 days so I won't be at the rally. I hope you all have a good time and stay safe.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks