• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2020 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally (20GMVR) information thread

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
So Mac and I have been working on a replacement location and we have a couple potential candidates. I'm sending Dave (u/rustyjunk) to recon it next week. We've spoken to the facility management and they're excited to have us but there is a substantial fee that the rally would have a hard time dealing with. But this facility would come with a literal mountain of benefits.

I know some of ya'll need an answer sooner than this and I'm sorry. I just can't push this stuff forward any faster.
?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wanted to make a quick post and let everyone know where we're at. I know we're only 5 months out from the typical rally time and people need enough time to get off work. We're doing the best we can - the rally doesn't pay any of us and we're all busy with jobs and family, so it's hard to make everything happen super fast. I apologize for this.

We have narrowed potential rally sites down to 2 or 3 locations. They each have pros and cons and we're trying to weigh the benefits and downsides of each location. We know you can't please everyone, but obviously our goal is to find the place that best meets the needs of all rally attendees. One site is awesome but it's expensive and I have to weigh this carefully - if I think we can make it and then have a light turnout, I'm the one who has to come out of pocket to make up the cost difference.

I hope to have something soon. I apologize for the delays but I am looking forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Thanks

Clint

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clint,
Why not ask
We have narrowed potential rally sites down to 2 or 3 locations. They each have pros and cons and we're trying to weigh the benefits and downsides of each location. We know you can't please everyone, but obviously our goal is to find the place that best meets the needs of all rally attendees. One site is awesome but it's expensive and I have to weigh this carefully - if I think we can make it and then have a light turnout, I'm the one who has to come out of pocket to make up the cost difference.
Clint,
Why not ask for people to confirm that they are coming and to commit to paying the fee for the good site you found. If enough people confirm they will attend and you reserve the location, then ask everyone coming to pay ahead of time so that you don't get stuck with any unpaid fees. I think if the site is as good as you indicated, the attendance will be high.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Clint,
Why not ask

Clint,
Why not ask for people to confirm that they are coming and to commit to paying the fee for the good site you found. If enough people confirm they will attend and you reserve the location, then ask everyone coming to pay ahead of time so that you don't get stuck with any unpaid fees. I think if the site is as good as you indicated, the attendance will be high.
I agree with this, we need to mitigate your risk considering you’re putting your neck on the line for us if you decide to commit that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How can we help?
Just show up.

We'll post the date and location this week.

I can't tell ya'll how sorry I am about the delays. I have worked 7 days a week for the last year and a half and I'm exhausted to the point that I'm useless.

But we have a spot and we'll have a date and Mac's already started writing the thread.

Welder1

Just show up.

We'll post the date and location this week.

I can't tell ya'll how sorry I am about the delays. I have worked 7 days a week for the last year and a half and I'm exhausted to the point that I'm useless.

But we have a spot and we'll have a date and Mac's already started writing the thread.
well the week is over and no post on the event this doesn’t look good right now Please provide some info or set timing on when.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anticipation is taking over.... just be sure that we have trails, hills, and enough room for big trucks.

Food and a great swap meet with community campfire.

We gotta know so we can make plans. For all you have put into the Rally, to much to loose.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks