• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2022 Denton Military rally thread, April 23rd-24th

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's bittersweet but I'll likely be there. If there is enough interest, I'll be bringing stuff from Microjeeps collection. Won't bring too much if the stuff isn't spoken for. Also working on getting stuff priced for his wife. Things I'd like to help her sell are a few command post tents, several military cots, M416 trailer maybe a towbar or at least chain clamps. There is a rough coverto trailer there too.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anybody interested in starting a buy/trade/looking for tread for this event? I have some items to unload and stuff I'd like to find.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ITS BACK!!!!

The Friday evening BBQ convoy is ON!!!!

With the new bypass open, we will have a nice worry-free cruise to our destination

We will be traveling to our host this year-

EAST COAST TACTICAL AND SUPPLY
Plenty of easy parking and a great place to check out.

**East Coast has offered a nice discount for shoppers after the dinner-5% off all guns and 10% off all store (except ammo)

Dinner will be BBQ, and fixins for $10 a head.

Man I can’t wait !!!!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ITS BACK!!!!

With the new bypass open, we will have a nice worry-free cruise to our destination

**East Coast has offered a nice discount for shoppers after the dinner-5% off all guns and 10% off all store (except ammo)

Man I can’t wait !!!!
Nice! Do you need a headcount beforehand?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ITS BACK!!!!

Man I can’t wait !!!!
When you transplanted southerners talk BBQ, what do you mean? (I'm a transplanted southerner but had to move 700 miles north to become one.) Will there be any meats/protein with this BBQ? Beans? I always thought BBQ was a sauce.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you transplanted southerners talk BBQ, what do you mean? (I'm a transplanted southerner but had to move 700 miles north to become one.) Will there be any meats/protein with this BBQ? Beans? I always thought BBQ was a sauce.
Pulled pork, beans, coleslaw, hush puppies. Yep AND sauce.

CGarbee

Running behind in thoughts and preparations....so all the more reason to be excited to get to the Farmpark...

I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...
My current plan is to arrive on Wednesday (I assume that I can access the site that afternoon as in years past) with the MKT and to have a meal offering for each meal through Sunday breakfast.

Denton MKT Menu
April 2022

Wednesday Supper
Fajitas (chicken*/mushroom/onion/pepper)
*Could be beef or pork – let me know you preference if you have one…

Thursday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Grits
Sausage
Biscuits/Tortillas
Apple Butter

Thursday Lunch
Italian Sausage (with Peppers/Onions)
Salad
Chips

Thursday Supper
“Pasta night”
Chili Mac/Stroganoff/Pesto/Alfredo/Chicken-Mushroom-Onion
(Honestly, I’m going to do a few family favorite sauces of different types/styles…but don’t look for them in a recipe book…)
Salad

Friday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Oatmeal
Bacon
Biscuits/Tortillas
(I suspect that some mushrooms/peppers/onion, etc) could hit the flattop for those that want to make breakfast burritos…)

Friday Lunch
Hotdogs (A couple of different types – Brown and Bright Leaf), might slip an Italian Sausage or two in…)
Salad and/or slaw
Chips

Friday Supper
Offsite: MKT is closed unless a bunch of you skip the BBQ Convoy (I’ll cook, perhaps something such as a faux pork or chicken stir fry…or a second run a fajitas…) .If you twist my arm. But plan on doing your own thing or join the BBQ Convoy...

Saturday Breakfast
Pancakes
Grits
Bacon/Sausage

Saturday Lunch
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers (Hotdogs if I have any left over and you ask…).
Salad
Chips

Saturday Supper
Seafood Boil (corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp)
Salad
Rolls

Sunday Breakfast
Grits
Bacon
Pork Loin

Likely a second run at pancakes…
(and a mixture of bread…rolls/tortillas…depending on what I have and how I feel…)

Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade on tap from Breakfast until after Supper
Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)
Example: Grilled Chicken is an easy substitution for pork products…

Last year, I was able to say that if you signed up in advance (at least a week ahead of time) that we went with $6/Meal except for Saturday night which was $8 (shrimp isn’t cheap…). I suspect to be a tad higher this year since prices on everything have gone up, but I need to have an idea of how many are interested so that I can do some pricing in order to give a better estimate.

Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may not have chow for you…
Get enough folks to sign up in advance, and I am likely to add a few items to each meal's offerings...

Send me PM to sign up and let me know your starting and ending meals...etc.
Let me know if you want to use PayPal.
If you have folks coming who are not on Steelsoldiers, they can eat at the MKT, just put them in touch with me ahead of time…

CGarbee

I have one individual and one family that have informed me that they will be eating at the MKT...
My day job is nutty these days (covering for a pair of vacant positions), so my enthusiasm for dragging the thing to the event isn't as high as it should...

Make sure that you send me a PM or otherwise get in touch with me prior to lunch on April 18th if you want to join in on the MKT action.

Thanks!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one individual and one family that have informed me that they will be eating at the MKT...
My day job is nutty these days (covering for a pair of vacant positions), so my enthusiasm for dragging the thing to the event isn't as high as it should...

Make sure that you send me a PM or otherwise get in touch with me prior to lunch on April 18th if you want to join in on the MKT action.

Thanks!
Count me in for Thurs-Sun. I am still figuring out who else is coming with me and which days. I'll be sure to give you an accurate update by the 18th. Thanks Garbee!

TheOrigin

This show is this weekend. Who's bringing the good stuff? Still looking for a step CUCV rear bumper and a 31gallon blazer gas tank skid plate. Some other little accessories that I don't realize I need yet too. Looking forward to this. Bringing my dad and nephew too, we've been hitting the flea markets hard lately.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This show is this weekend. Who's bringing the good stuff? Still looking for a step CUCV rear bumper and a 31gallon blazer gas tank skid plate. Some other little accessories that I don't realize I need yet too. Looking forward to this. Bringing my dad and nephew too, we've been hitting the flea markets hard lately.
You never know what will show up for sale. Much of it won’t be advertised here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks