• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official CMVPA 2/21/09 "get together" after report/ picture thread

C

cmvpa

It was a beautiful day for our first MV CMVPA "Get Together" with 14 MV's and 30 SS/CMVPA/NCMVPA members and i belive a couple of Rat Bastards. Had a chow buffet of burgers, chicken, green beans and patatoes with a bunch of misc sides. A big thanks to James and Randy for taking care of the chow it was out standing. It was great to finally meet all of you guys and hope you had a good time.

The thank you list

tim (rebelpride) - drove 180 plus miles
jay (bulldog mack)
cabell (cgarbee)
joel
john winslow and family - brought and awesome bobbed 5ton and m934
james (deuceswildm211)
randy
gus (stampy)
pete
andrew (cam7002)
sarge (pittdog)
rick (firefighter294)
dave
warren (deuce10x10)
mike (deucenewb)
tony
tom
chris (steelsoldiers) and mike (mangus580) and the rest of the guys for the SS website. If it wasnt for them alot of this wouldnt be possible.

I am missing a few of you guys. But once again, thanks for showing up and supporting this hobby.

rob (rtjraleigh)

p.s. james said next month we will be doing italian beef sandwich with italian sausage.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very impressive turnout!

DeuceNewb

I had a great time out there getting to meet everyone, Here are some of the pictures that I got that weren't blurry

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

What I miss? NCMVPA? CMVPA? Is there another thread that deals with this? I just drove 1000 miles round trip to the Florida rally and I don't plan on that much driving again for a very long time.

Rebelpride

It was good to finally put some faces with some screen names, and hear other peoples truck stories and just shoot the bull. Look forward to a trail ride and a sausage beef sandwich. Kudos to the chef.

pittdog

It was good to see some ol soldiers ! and new ones , and some stuff i used to drive, and wrench ! one soldier i ain't seen in 20 years ! and bulldog ! glad to see the tracktor made it ! :wink:

rtjraleigh

Banned
Like Jay said "its worth the trip". Hopefully by next meeting we will have our K-bar up (our gp tent with a bar in it). We will have a different chow menu every month. Trail rides and swap area.

Also, if you want to become an official CMVPA member please send an email to:

carolinamvpa@gmail.com

name
ss screen name
address
phone #
photo of you mv's

This will put you on our email mailer for events. This will also get you a free shirt and club window logo sticker. Free storage at our lot. Free help on NC/SC pick ups (only ask for fuel reimbursement). We dont expect you to show up to every event but ask you to organize ones in your area for us to come to.

thanks. rob

DeucesWildM211

Our Get Together Was A Hit!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and joining us yesterday, we had a great turn out and everyone got to meet many for the first time. Glad everyone enjoyed the food, can't wait to see everyone out next month and hopefully quite a few more will be coming.

Again thanks to all who came and all who will join the club.:grin:

oldiron4x4

It looks like you guy had a great time. Being new to MVs I hate I missed the meet up. I had a prior commitment with CNC 4x4. We were completing some trail maintenance in Uwharrie. Hats off to the bobbed 5 ton owner (John Winslow and family I think), That was one sweet ride. I am looking forward to the meet next month to see some of these trucks up close and personal before purchasing one of my own, as well as meeting other enthusiasts that don't mind pointing a newbie in the right direction.

butch atkins

would have liked to have been there,thanks to the SPENDULUS package from our elected officials,myself and my wifes jobs are on 32 hrs/wk w 1 wk off per month,lack of $,will try to make the next one,what about a pic of the deuceswild M211,SCMVPA hasnt had but 1 rally so i go to theGAMVPA rally ,sorry to miss this one,would like to meet some other OD junkies from the south,good luck to all on your projects