• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OGPK rough dimensions?

A1E-Spad

Morning. Awhile back we sourced and pieced together a turret setup from Steve K. at RWH for our m1165. It's more or less a frankenstein m1151 setup that we put together with parts we had and stuff he had spares of. Heavy bearing, slam hatch, weapons tray, crank + motor, etc. We want to put an OGPK on top but are looking at having me fabricate a light weight replica to knock the weight down substantially as we plan to use it for parades and events with kids and it might make it easier for them to hand crank it around.

Is there anyone here who currently has an OGPK mounted on their truck that would be willing to get a handful of dimensions of the three main side plates(left, right, rear) from it for us? We already have an original battery box and the 99% of the brackets I can reverse engineer easily from images once I have a rough idea how big the main plates are. I could send/email/post images with point-to-point locations I would need measured using a tape.

Let me know or shoot me a message if you can help out!

-Adam

A1E-Spad

I've had them copied and had repros made of 3/8 steel, or 1/4" aluminum in the past.

I am planning aluminum as well for this one, no thicker than 1/4"(probably thinner) We want it to be dimensionally as close as possibly but thickness wise it can be substantially thinner than the original armor plate. It's for show/event purposes and 99% of the public would not know the difference.

I take it you dont have any of the aluminum repro versions left you had made?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Morning. Awhile back we sourced and pieced together a turret setup from Steve K. at RWH for our m1165. It's more or less a frankenstein m1151 setup that we put together with parts we had and stuff he had spares of. Heavy bearing, slam hatch, weapons tray, crank + motor, etc. We want to put an OGPK on top but are looking at having me fabricate a light weight replica to knock the weight down substantially as we plan to use it for parades and events with kids and it might make it easier for them to hand crank it around.

Is there anyone here who currently has an OGPK mounted on their truck that would be willing to get a handful of dimensions of the three main side plates(left, right, rear) from it for us? We already have an original battery box and the 99% of the brackets I can reverse engineer easily from images once I have a rough idea how big the main plates are. I could send/email/post images with point-to-point locations I would need measured using a tape.

Let me know or shoot me a message if you can help out!

-Adam
the Hand crank heavy turret bearing can sustain a massive amount of weight, an OEM OGPK fully outfitted can be hand cranked effortlessly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks