• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH-58C Helicopter

fknoll

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share a few photos of our Bell OH-58C Kiowa Scout helicopter. It was built in 1971 and missed out on Viet Nam. It served as a Command and Control helicopter during Desert Storm then came back to the States as a training aircraft at Ft. Campbell, KY. We've flown her to a number of airshows including Oshkosh in 2014. She's powered by a 420 horsepower Rolls Royce 250-C20C turboshaft engine. The first photo shows the helicopter during Desert Storm with her crew chief. Everything is very much original except for the transponder and the high skids. The C model OH-58's are easily distinguished by their flat panel windshields and the air-cooled exhaust stacks to lower the heat signature. Last photo shows her flying south along the Mississippi just north of St. Louis.

20160402_115945_resized.jpg20150404_144634_resized.jpg.DSC_8967.jpgDSC_8972.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share a few photos of our Bell OH-58C Kiowa Scout helicopter. It was built in 1971 and missed out on Viet Nam. It served as a Command and Control helicopter during Desert Storm then came back to the States as a training aircraft at Ft. Campbell, KY. We've flown her to a number of airshows including Oshkosh in 2014. She's powered by a 420 horsepower Rolls Royce 250-C20C turboshaft engine. The first photo shows the helicopter during Desert Storm with her crew chief. Everything is very much original except for the transponder and the high skids. The C model OH-58's are easily distinguished by their flat panel windshields and the air-cooled exhaust stacks to lower the heat signature. Last photo shows her flying south along the Mississippi just north of St. Louis.

View attachment 658459View attachment 658460.View attachment 658457View attachment 658458

Sa-WEET! Pulled a few hours maint on similar birds, hydraulics mainly. Neat little bird!! Thanks for sharing and bringin back some good memories!

68t

Looks great, MY aviation unit had several of the OH58, Also had the 58D. I went to school at Fort Eustice for the OH58, 58D, but did not do a lot of work on them. Glad you folks has one.A huey and Blackhawk crewchief,

EnteJager

Nice, I have about 1000 hrs in flat glass C time, we only had one on high skids which was great flying Ft. Bliss and landing in the desert.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Bird.
Underpowered as usual.

We had a few in the unit's early days.
Used them to play hide and seek.
Little birds are a lot more fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks