• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh YES you can....

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the cover of darkness and fog, I slipped into the bowels of Atlanta this morning. Managed to recover a couple 1101's in a single trip, even though several people said it wasn't possible. With some input from Recovery 4x4, the trip back to Florida went off without a hitch.

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too much tongue weight. With the axle set back as far as it is, I needed to balance the load better. It actually road really nice, no bouncing. Another thing I noticed, the tire pressure painted on the sides reads "TP 17". That seemed a tad low to me, so I pumped them up to 20 lbs.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That wood frame looks all professional and stuff. You must've showed up with a plan.:-D Great execution of a great idea!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cover of darkness my a.. the GA Mafia knew you were in town the whole time.

Glad you made it back safe and sound! Nice steal

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like it worked perfectly. I'll take a half dozen 2x4s and a couple of 4x4s on every recovery. It's nothing short of amazing the things you can do with dunnage.

61sleepercab

I had almost the same load when I picked up my MKT trailer from a private lot. I towed the MKT trailer and saw in the weeds a 1 ton army trailer which I bought. I had a cab protector on my 10 foot flat bed and with the help of a forklift we loaded the extra trailer in the bed and chained it down. So I had a two for one haul like yours. Got home just fine.

whiskey357

Banned
Nice load out and glad it went without a pitch .....place is looking kind of bare for truckws of any sort...still in all nice planning and ride out...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Under the cover of darkness and fog, I slipped into the bowels of Atlanta this morning. Managed to recover a couple 1101's in a single trip, even though several people said it wasn't possible. With some input from Recovery 4x4, the trip back to Florida went off without a hitch.
The cover of darkness my a.. the GA Mafia knew you were in town the whole time.

Glad you made it back safe and sound! Nice steal
In fact, the GA. MAFIA was ON standby for a recovery assist, the ONLY slipping that was done was slipping out of Atlanta and NOT terminating the standby order.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't know who you think you are, actually having a plan and being prepared. You certainly don't fit in around here.

m715mike

Magic! Snapped fingers, clicked heels, said abracadabra, looked around, and they were mounted! :mrgreen:

Probably forklift.

You're right. It probably was a forklift, but I was really hoping that it was magic! A little presto-changeo and abracadabra would make for a great story to tell the folks around a rally camp fire!!

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some creative rigging on the forklift blades. My hands were busy holding it steady, that's why no pics of the lift.
Clinto, I was running this scenario through my head for a week, trying to figure out the best "balance", since I've never dealt with this model before. Those trailers were brand-spankin new. TM's in the bed, no scratches, t*ts on the tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks