• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ohler RA1013 2" centrifugal pump

sl33k3r

I'm looking for a water pump, but come across the RA1013 2" fuel transfer pump and wondered if a fuel transfer pump could be safe to use as a water pump. What would the differences be between the RA1013 (Fuel transfer) and the RA1029 (water transfer) pumps? Maybe I would just need to disassemble and clean the centrifugal pump and maybe replace the seals? Also, is this pump self-priming?

Last edited:

sandcobra164

It depends on the application. In the Marine Corps fuel pumps and water pumps are normally the exact same but carry different data plates. If a water pump is ever used to pump fuel the data plate gets changed and it can only be used for fuel thereafter. If you were simply using the pump to transfer storm runoff water you would probably be fine. If you were using it to pump water into a swimming pool I'd have to say pass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks