• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil and axle dope???

mattwspeed

Hey guys, I have an M923a2 and need to replace the drivers side axle seal... just wondering what kind of axle dope I need to use when putting fluid back in the axle? not sure what it is but it seems like pretty thick stuff:confused:? Also the motor (cummins 8.3L Turbo) is showing that its 2 Q's low on oil... what kind is best to use? Heard a few different things but i knew that some of you would know for sure! thanks in advance for any help!

goldneagle

Download the TM's from this site for free and read them. Your questions are already answered there. You can also use the search feature to find other threads that have already answered the same question numerous times.

goldneagle

perfect!!! thank you a ton!!!:beer:
That doesn't get you off the hook. You need to download the manuals and look through them there is a lot of valuable info in them that you will use. Besides you don't want DOGHEAD to read you the riot act! :doghead:

Enjoy your new truck! The M923s are a blast to drive. :beer:

mattwspeed

I printed the entire TM for the m936 series truck and put all the chapters together and sorted em... I still have a few questions? I cant find a list of tools "special ones" that will be needed... I know a 2.5 ton requires a 3" socket to remove the axle.. what size does a 5 ton use? I am going to try and change the axle seal this wed night and have some help but non of us have ever attempted this kind of feat!.. I am learning as much as possible from the TM's but they are kind of hard to sort through if your not used to them i think.. any help or tips or threads withs pics that you guys have or know about would be a huge help... Just want to make sure I have everything I need to get the job done and not be trying to find a tool or whatever at 10:00 at night... I know i need a slide hammer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks