• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil and pressure gauge for mite

TAKPAK

I am going to do that on mine. However, since I am keeping it all original (for the value of that) I will use a removable bracket and mount it under the dashboard, so that any future owner can just remove it. The "idiot lights" that are on it now will continue to work, just have the gages so I can really see what's going on. Oil pressure is easy, but because I am keeping the original oil temp sending unit, I will be putting an electronic sending unit in the oil drain plug end of the pan for the new temp gauge. I am still pondering the temperature gage though. When you figure there are tens of thousands of air cooled engines out there running with NO oil temp gages on them, you have to wonder. If I really get concerned about the oil temp, I can always carry a hand held infrared gun with me. Personal choice, I guess.

Last edited:

jrlatt

I am going to do that on mine. However, since I am keeping it all original (for the value of that) I will use a removable bracket and mount it under the dashboard, so that any future owner can just remove it. The "idiot lights" that are on it now will continue to work, just have the gages so I can really see what's going on. Oil pressure is easy, but because I am keeping the original oil temp sending unit, I will be putting an electronic sending unit in the oil drain plug end of the pan for the new temp gauge. I am still pondering the temperature gage though. When you figure there are tens of thousands of air cooled engines out there running with NO oil temp gages on them, you have to wonder. If I really get concerned about the oil temp, I can always carry a hand held infrared gun with me. Personal choice, I guess.

The one I got came with a mechanical oil temp gauges. I plan on running it though the opening for the starter cable and attaching it to steering column. The same thing with the pressure. I picked up a 24v 0-60 sender and gauge. I added a 1/4 to 1/8 brass fitting. It fits in fine still need to connect up. I will be making sure it is removable if someone so desires. The temp gauge is a good idea, but I want to look down and see the temp. I really do not think the voltage gauge is that important. I have thought of just letting that sit under the hood and run pressure gauge instead. Thanks for the reply.

jrlatt

Here is what I ended up doing. I did both the pressure and temp on steering column. I still need to secure lines. The temp gauge goes in where the drain was and I put the drain where the temp sending unit was. I still have the light connected. Plan to put in a low pressure shut off switch.
Have a nice day.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks