• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil cooler lines 6.5 turbo

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I need to know how to connect the cooler lines to my Teds 6.5l engine. The space is to cramped for one to fit without bending it to much. Will a 6.2l oil filter adapter/block fix this?
I have a 1997 6.5 in my 86 1028A3, the only thing I had to do was install bushings and screw in the 6.2 oil cooler line fittings into the bushings in the block. It all bolted right up.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is no difference in the basic engine block.

Except the 6.2 and the 6.5 have different size block fittings.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
If the 6.5 has an extended oil filter adapter, ditch it, and use the the info I provided.

Assuming this is going into a CUCV

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
the 6.5 and the 6.2 are exactly the same externally, the 6.5 you have may have a bolt on oil filter/cooler adapter

If this is going in a CUCV, unbolt it, and use the info I provided.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks