• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil cooler lines

jbayer

You must be a mind reader patracy. With that title and verbiage, that could apply to almost any vehicle ever made with an automatic transmission. And some manuals also.
If in fact that's what it's in reference too.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The problem isn't so much the block side, as you can get adapter to JIC/AN fittings. It's the stock cooler that has funky fittings that are specialized to the lines. The only real option is to delete that cooler completely and run the adapters on the block to JIC/AN then run an aftermarket cooler.

Truckyea

That's about all I have come up with also. I think I'm just going to run some 90's off the block, then braided line under the motor mount to the factory hard lines on the driver side. And just reuse those hard lines the crossover to the pass side of the rad.

Truckyea

My only problem is that the stock lines don't fit with the 6.5 driver side exhaust manifold and the funky route they take back, up the fire wall the down to frame ext.... No need for it

And so I mangled my upper line in the re power process

southdave

Derail makes an oil cooler kit .. has a 180 therm. With a min. Bypass in it it solved my problems check etrailer or summit.
.. However my oil pressure read way higher now that i unplug my cooler lines

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks