• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler Question, M113/M125A1 APC

MatthewH

So I bought this oil cooler from the local Surplus store, guy didn't know what it fit, or from what vehicle it was from. Made a deal and came home with it. Trying to use it as the oil cooler for my M37 project, but running into issues with the thread size on the cooler itself.

NSN # 2935-00-767-7882, Radiator, Oil Cooler,

Found threw some digging on here and Google, found it was from a M125A1 81MM Mortar Carrier, looks similar to a M113 APC

The outside threads measure 1.365in OD, with 16 threads per inch. The machine shop guy here at work figures its 1.375-16 thread
The inside threads are the issue, not sure if there tapered, like a pipe thread, or what. they measure .930in ID at the top, .915in ID at the bottom, threads are 14 per inch.

We tried a 3/4-14 pipe tap, too big, wouldn't thread in, but its close to the right size. Wasn't sure if its a metric thread, like BSPP, or a different thread, maybe an AN style, or hydraulic fitting. I've searched online for a bit, but came up short.

Anybody familiar with this guy, maybe can lead me to a correct fitting size. I'm not against machining a bit out of it, and making it different, or soldering a useable fitting to it, just be nice if it was original.

Thanks

WP_20140401_005.jpgWP_20140401_004.jpgWP_20140401_003.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks